rc.local does not run and changing the default resolution

Started by BlackBurn, December 30, 2010, 10:58:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackBurn

I installed Plop Linux on the HD, everything seems to work fine, except that rc.local isn't started.

I tried some simple things, but none of them work, even a simple copy like the welcome.txt doesn't run.

Anyidea how to solve this?

I'm also very curious if it is possible to boot with a higher resolution then the default.

edit:
When I use df, I got a weird result, almost everything, like sbin, lig, usr, bin are mounted to /dev/loopX, media is mounted to sr0 en root is mounted to rootfs?

Seems that Plop is still using squashfs.

I used installplop for isntalling plop. (from CD)

Elmar

hi,
you are right, i forgot to update the installer. i will fix this

to boot with a higher resolution, you have to add the vga parameter to the append line in /etc/lilo.conf and run "lilo". ex. vga=0x315
to disable the lilo menu, write a # before "prompt" and "timeout", ignore the devicemapper info

regards
elmar

BlackBurn

Quote from: Elmar on December 30, 2010, 12:23:30 PM
hi,
you are right, i forgot to update the installer. i will fix this

to boot with a higher resolution, you have to add the vga parameter to the append line in /etc/lilo.conf and run "lilo". ex. vga=0x315
to disable the lilo menu, write a # before "prompt" and "timeout", ignore the devicemapper info

regards
elmar

Do you have any idea, when this update is available?

I can update lilo.conf, but it has no effect, maybe this is also caused by the squashfs mounting?
When I start with manually adding the parameter it works fine.

edit:
After running installplop and manually edit the created plopinstall file, the resolution is working.
By adding my script to rc.S it is automatically mounted and it does what it has to do :-)

Elmar

here is the new version with the updated installplop

http://download.plop.at/tmp/ploplinux-4.1.1-test3.tgz
http://download.plop.at/tmp/ploplinux-4.1.1-test3.iso

about the resolution, do not write it to the "append" line, write the vga=0x315 one line above the "append' line

regards
elmar