Plop boot manager booted from floppy: red lines on screen

Started by Icecube, November 04, 2009, 14:27:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icecube

When I boot Plop boot manager from floppy, I see red lines on screen. Below those lines you can see the text a little bit (not very good).

I finally got it fixed by setting:
Graphicmode T80x50
Wouldn't it be better to set this Graphical mode by default (or doesn't it always work on other PCs?).

Also the default font, is a bit difficult to read, because there is very little space between 2 lines. Can this distance easily be increased?

Elmar

hi,

Quote from: Icecube on November 04, 2009, 14:27:16 PM
When I boot Plop boot manager from floppy, I see red lines on screen. Below those lines you can see the text a little bit (not very good).

till now i got only 4 reports of a false graphic mode initialization over a few years. so i can assume that it works with 99% of graphic cards. you are in the unlucky situation that it does not work on your pc. can you give me some infos about manufacture and type of the graphic card?

I finally got it fixed by setting:
Graphicmode T80x50

this was the correct way to fix it. the boot manager is running now in the text mode

Also the default font, is a bit difficult to read, because there is very little space between 2 lines. Can this distance easily be increased?

you can change the font to "bios font". this is the default ROM font of your bios.

best regards
elmar

Icecube

Some info from lshw:
           *-display UNCLAIMED
                description: VGA compatible controller
                product: RS690 [Radeon X1200 Series]
                vendor: ATI Technologies Inc
                physical id: 5
                bus info: pci@0000:01:05.0
                version: 00
                width: 64 bits
                clock: 33MHz
                capabilities: pm msi vga_controller bus_master cap_list
                configuration: latency=64
                resources: memory:f0000000-f7ffffff(prefetchable) memory:fe9f0000-fe9fffff ioport:c000(size=256) memory:fe800000-fe8fffff

It uses 128 MB of shared RAM (has no own RAM).

Quoteyou can change the font to "bios font". this is the default ROM font of your bios.
I know  ;). But I just wanted to let you know that I think that a little bit more space between the different lines, would make the default font a lot more readable.

Elmar

Quote from: Icecube on November 04, 2009, 16:27:35 PM
I know  ;). But I just wanted to let you know that I think that a little bit more space between the different lines, would make the default font a lot more readable.

you are right ;), it was not an answer to your question. i cannot increase the distance.

fuwi

Hi

Yesterday, i've testet PLoP 5.0.8 (CD-boot, graphic mode) on a Acer Aspire 5670
(ATI Radeon Mobility X1400 grapic adapter) and i get also this red lines, klick the link below:
http://www.fuwi.ethz.ch/images/PLoP_graphic-mode.jpg

fuwi