Plop boot manager on old PC

Started by jslegers, January 09, 2012, 11:31:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jslegers

Hello,

I'm trying Plop Bootmanager on an Siemens Fujitsu PC.
I have installed the bootmanager on a cd to boot from.
It boots and finds the USB Stick but when I want to start something form the menu (Xboot stick) it freezes with Launching Grub. Starting cmain() name.iso.
I have tried it on an other PC and it works good. What could be the problem that it won't start on the Siemens?

John

Elmar

hi,

Quote from: jslegers on January 09, 2012, 11:31:51 AM
It boots and finds the USB Stick but when I want to start something form the menu (Xboot stick) it freezes with Launching Grub. Starting cmain() name.iso.

does that mean, you see the menu of the boot manager that is on the usb drive and when you select there something then you get the error? or you get the error when the plop boot manager starts the other boot manager on the usb drive?

regards
elmar

jslegers

I see the bootmanger on the USB disk but when i select an entry which starts an iso file than it gives this error. This is the menu where the isofiles are started from :

### MENU START
LABEL -
MENU LABEL Hiren Boot CD 15.0
LINUX /boot/syslinux/grub.exe
APPEND --config-file="ls /images/hirensbootcd150.iso || find --set-root /images/hirensbootcd150.iso;map --heads=0 --sectors-per-track=0 /images/hirensbootcd150.iso (0xff) || map --heads=0 --sectors-per-track=0 --mem /images/hirensbootcd150.iso (0xff);map --hook;chainloader (0xff)"
TEXT HELP
Hiren Boot CD 15.0
ENDTEXT
### MENU END

### MENU START
LABEL -
MENU LABEL Image for Dos 2.65b
APPEND --config-file="ls /images/ifd.iso || find --set-root /images/ifd.iso;map --heads=0 --sectors-per-track=0 /images/ifd.iso (0xff) || map --heads=0 --sectors-per-track=0 --mem /images/ifd.iso (0xff);map --hook;chainloader (0xff)"
TEXT HELP
Image for Dos 2.65b
ENDTEXT
### MENU END

### MENU START
LABEL -
MENU LABEL Image for Linux 2.66
APPEND --config-file="ls /images/ifl.iso || find --set-root /images/ifl.iso;map --heads=0 --sectors-per-track=0 /images/ifl.iso (0xff) || map --heads=0 --sectors-per-track=0 --mem /images/ifl.iso (0xff);map --hook;chainloader (0xff)"
TEXT HELP
Image for Linux 2.66
ENDTEXT
### MENU END

### MENU START
LABEL -
MENU LABEL Parted Magic 11-11-11
APPEND --config-file="ls /images/pmagic-11.11.11.iso || find --set-root /images/pmagic-11.11.11.iso;map --heads=0 --sectors-per-track=0 /images/pmagic-11.11.11.iso (0xff) || map --heads=0 --sectors-per-track=0 --mem /images/pmagic-11.11.11.iso (0xff);map --hook;chainloader (0xff)"
TEXT HELP
Parted Magic 11-11-11
ENDTEXT
### MENU END

Elmar

maybe its a problem with the grub version on that computer, but i dont know