Plop will not write in MBR

Started by josm1982, January 25, 2011, 12:46:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

josm1982

Hi All,

I have a problem and I just cannot find the reason why, I hope you can help me with this one.

I have a Dell Latitude E6410 with Windows 7 Enterprise 32Bit installed.
There are 2 partitions:

C: (OS partition) 232 GB
Q: (OS Boot) 300 MB

First I altered the size for C: so I can create 2 extra partitions for an other OS and shared Data.
After making these changes I reboot and start from bootable CD (build with Plop install ISO).
The plop install and uninstall menu shows, disk 0x80 is selected (I have only 1 disk).
I select option 1 to install, select Y to confirm install and all options are marked with OK, press any key to continue and again on the overview of actions to get back in the main menu.
Here the other options should become available, they do not. All are still greyed out.
I reboot (thinking maybe I expected something which should not happen) and I see no boot manager, it boots directly to my windows installation.

Checked Bios for protection settings, these are not active.
Wiped the whole disk several times via Windows Repair Disk and Linux CD, Rebuild MBR, Clear reserved sectors. Nothing works.
I don't understand anymore what the problem is.
I thought maybe a faulty Boot CD, tried to perform action on a HP desktop and there it works like a charm.

I hope you can help me with this.

Kind regards,

Jos

josm1982

Anyone who has an idea about the problem behind this?
Would be greatly appriciated.

Regards,

Jos