Main Menu

Add RAID driver

Started by Bestrafung, February 11, 2011, 14:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bestrafung

I had a pretty nasty crash recently and am in serious need of a bootable antivirus check before I can hope to proceed with data recovery and backup. I have been researching several live Linux bootable AV solutions and none offer support for my RAID controller or help on fixing this. Is it possible to add support for my RAID controller into the live CD and how might I go about doing so? I'm pretty inexperienced when it comes to all things Linux.

Edit: I almost forgot, in case someone asks it's a Hipoint RocketRAID 2310 card.

Elmar

i  dont know if there is a rocketraid 2310 driver avaiable for linux. rocketraid 3xxx/4xxx is available in ploplinux. run "pciprobe", maybe i haven't seen the driver and pciprobe loads it.

Bestrafung

Thank you for the fast reply. I do know that the driver exists because I read a post on the Ubuntu forums about compiling it in. Perhaps it is already included in PlopLinux and I'll get lucky as I've already burned the disc. So all I need to do is run pciprobe after it's up and running?

Elmar

Quote from: Bestrafung on February 11, 2011, 14:52:41 PM
So all I need to do is run pciprobe after it's up and running?

when the drivers are working, then finally you have to mount the raid by hand