Main Menu

chat

Started by gzk101, January 07, 2010, 14:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gzk101

hi Elmar
i hope you can use the QQ International to chat with us .it's usually used in china.it's like the MSN.
in my QQ group(a grounp who to be interested in plop ),there're many people now using it .so if possible i hope you can join in us ,beacause there're many problem that can be solved by you.in the group there 're many other experters from china in the boot-land.

this is the download url: http://www.imqq.com/download.shtml

the qq group is :93433316

best wishes
your friends
gzk101 form china

Elmar

i can connect to qq with pidgin. how do i find you?

elmar

gzk101

my qq number is :83033283
you can find me by search it
or you can offer your qq number ,i will add you as my friend,and then i will add you to QQ group (93433316)

gzk101

i have invite you to the new QQ group 93433316,it's made up with the people who develop the project of grub4dos.i think you will have good discussion with them ,beacause they all can write in english,though our english is  poor. ;)

At the same time we also hope that who  Interested in grub4dos can join in us。

gzk101

hi elmar.
well ,i think if it's possible for you to solve the hang using plpbt.bin on usb disks  by the QQ, you don't have the harddisk,but we have,i hope you can tell we how to coordinate with you step by step ,and to improve the great freeware.
:) :)
best wishes!
your friend
gzk101 from china

Elmar

hi,
don't expect too much from qq. it still very difficult and time expensive.

regards
elmar

gzk101

Do you mean that if you don't have the  hardware that hangs in hands,you will not be able to solove the problem?
and it  will cost a lot of time by QQ?
SO it's a pity!

well,i see ! we have to wait  your further development of the program.
PS:Through Feedback that collected by me,the  PLoP Boot Manager v5.0.4 released on oct 5 is more stable than the v5.0.5 and v5.0.6.Especially on the Amd Platform.

Elmar

Quote from: gzk101 on January 08, 2010, 13:30:40 PM
Do you mean that if you don't have the  hardware that hangs in hands,you will not be able to solove the problem?
and it  will cost a lot of time by QQ?
SO it's a pity!

i don't know if it will be solved.

Quote from: gzk101 on January 08, 2010, 13:30:40 PM
PS:Through Feedback that collected by me,the  PLoP Boot Manager v5.0.4 released on oct 5 is more stable than the v5.0.5 and v5.0.6.Especially on the Amd Platform.

hmm, there was no big change between 5.0.4 and 5.0.5. the text "is more stable than" without detail infos is not useful. i need to know what works and what does not work and whats happening

regards
elmar

gzk101

ho, "more Stable than"means if i use the plpbt.bin from  the v5.0.4, it can normal boot from USB,and it works normally.
but when i change the plpbt.bin from v5.0.4 to v5.0.6,it hangs on my computer ,and it's not  just me, there are many other people's freebacks to me.

i use the plpbt.bin by grub4dos. as follow command:
title boot from plop [USB moden]
kernel (hd0,0)/plpbt.bin

Quotei don't know if it will be solved.
we will do our best to coordinate with you ,even reboot again and again.or Photos the screen as long as you need to Analysis.

Elmar

gzk101

i have seen the plpbt-gzk.bin,we will try it as soon as possible.
thanks!
i have sent it to all people who hangs use the v5.0.6 in my qq group.i think i will receive feedback tomorrow.
best wishes!

gzk101

i have tested the plpbt-gzk.bin on my computer ,it works ok.
but it doesn't work on my notebook ,when i arrive you boot menu,i press "CTRL"+"U",and it find my Udisk,when i press any key,it reboot and then return to my fbinst menu.like this.but when i choose boot from grldr or boot from syslinux. it hangs and only "-"showed on the screen.
there're three perple who have tested it freeback to me,they all hang ,if you have time,i wish you will analysis it or go to QQ group  to find us for more info.
i will redo my udisk by plop manager as my default MBR later.

Quotemy udisk's mbr is made by fbinst.exe that Commonly known as the Universal Start maker by bean(who one of the grub4dos project's Maintenancer) in china.it's the download url:
http://download.gna.org/grubutil/fbinst-1.5-bin-w32-2009-06-20.zip
resource: http://download.gna.org/grubutil/fbinst-1.5-src-2009-06-20.zip

Elmar

and 5.0.4 works on your notebook?

gzk101

it's the same using the v5.0.4 as the Latest.when i choose usb from the boot menu  the computer reboot automaticly and then whenever i choose f1 (boot from grldr),or f2(boot from syslinux) they all show "-".
i think maybe the plpbt.bin does not Compatible with fbinst(a boot manager as i have Introducted above).so i will use the plop manager as my default manager ,but finally i find i don't know how to install the plop to my netaec u disk. :o,i have to read the Manual a moment.

==============================
or possiblely it's sucessful .AS long as the computer restarted automatically before,we usually can go to fbinst menu,only show "-" on the notebook. maybe it have noing to do with plop,But fbinst's bug.
WELL,let's we Ignore the notebook. but most people's freebak to me is when they choose usb from the boot menu,they hanged ,and usually the keybord Invalid too.and have to Cold start.

Elmar

for me its interesting if the test version works on pc's where 5.0.4 works but 5.0.5 does not work.

gzk101

it's possible my fault , my mean's the test vision v5.0.4 works well on my computer,but the v5.0.6 does not.I've got it wrong v5.0.5. the latset version  works well on my computer again.so i Guess it's may be v5.0.6's a bug.

Unfortunately,the latest version also hanged on many people's computer im my QQ group.
and i don't know how to freeback you more info.

Elmar

Quote from: gzk101 on January 09, 2010, 14:58:28 PM
it's possible my fault , my mean's the test vision v5.0.4 works well on my computer,but the v5.0.6 does not.I've got it wrong v5.0.5. the latset version  works well on my computer again.so i Guess it's may be v5.0.5's a bug.

does i understand it correct now?

5.0.4 was working
5.0.5 was not working
5.0.7 is working again?

Quote from: gzk101 on January 09, 2010, 14:58:28 PM
Unfortunately,the latest version also hanged on many people's computer im my QQ group.
and i don't know how to freeback you more info.

there can be solved only one bug after another. so i ignore that for the moment. i am focused for the moment to the situation that a previous version was working and a later version stopped working.

gzk101

5.0.4 was working
5.0.5 was  working
5.0.6 was not working
5.0.7 is working again.