slient install plop boot manager

Started by ThowellJR5, April 06, 2011, 20:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThowellJR5

First I have to say great program this is very clean cut and effective

I am trying to automate a ghost restore of the c drive that I am booted on without being at the machine to insert a disk, cd or select any options also it would be nice to have plop on all my machines to have a restore partition as a boot option to do so I thought I could use plop but I hit a road block at the install step.

I can script the first part of staging the boot.ini to launch the installer and reboot but how can I make configuration changes to the boot menu that the installer is loading then making the installer automatically selecting option 1, yes and option 9 to exit.

After that I still have more challenges The boot configuration changes will need to boot a different partition then the one with the boot.ini that is pointed at the plop installer that will change back the boot.ini on the original partition that will take the installer back out of the boot.ini but I still need a way to change the configuration of the boot menu back to the original partition  :-\.

Maybe instead of changing the configuration of the boot menu setup by the installer some how the installer can change boot.ini back to windows after automatically installing I can finish any scripting from windows startup. 

I tried many way to do this and maybe there is a easier way, I am open to try any suggestions thank you in advance for any help

Elmar

hi,
i wrote a simple script to grab and write back an already installed plop boot manager. i added it to my plop linux. i don't know whats the base operating system of ghost. if its linux, then you can simply take the script.

best regards
elmar

ThowellJR5

I was using ghost in dos I will check if there is a linux release but i'm sure there is some version of a linux base imageing software out there.  I will load your plop linux and give it a try.

Thank you
Tom

Elmar

i don't know why so many people are still using ghost. fsarchiver is great and partimage is also good. and you can you can do everything easily script based with the power of linux.