ploplinux-development-20100215.fsa

Started by jerome, June 16, 2011, 00:56:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerome

Hello,
The PLOP Boot manager put new life in my old laptop (CD Reader broken / No Usb Boot)
=> Thanks a lot for the very good job !
So I decided to offer the laptop  "PLOP Linux".
- USB boot is working fine
- After an "Installplop" it's ok with HD
... but after installing  on HD "developpement-20100215",   I cannot start X.
( no /opt  - opt.sqfs does not mount automatically - "unsquashfs opt.sqfs" forgot to restore lib...)
Any ideas ? Merci.

Elmar

hi,
you don't have to use the development image. when you boot plop linux from cd, usb or network, then run "installplop". this program creates a small script to install plop linux to the hard disk.

i think, i should rename it to "installploplinux" in the next release

regards
elmar

jerome

Hallo Elmar
Thanks for your quick reply.
I tried to use the development image because I hope to get and use gcc in one shot .
Ok : I will download and install it in the canonical way.

Best regards, mit freundlichen GrĂ¼ssen aus Frankreich 
Jerome

Elmar

i have to release a new development version with gcc. the version from 2010 has an old glibc.

but you can make a ugly mixed version.

write the image to the hard disk
boot from cd and copy /bin /sbin /lib /usr /var /opt from cd to the hard disk installed version.
you can update the kernel too with overwriting bzImage and initramfs.gz

for X, look at the file /opt/autorun. you will find the missing stuff to start X. run it one time (and never again) when the hard disk version runs. then, all things should be ready to start X. maybe something is still missing, tell me the error.

regards
elmar

jerome

Hallo,
I've followed your advice and copy the whole stuff with tar to preserve the links,
Without any problems. The old laptop is booting and working fine and has found its new life.
Sure, I will keep an eye on your activities.
Thanks again Elmar
Best regards
Jerome