HELP with PLOP BOOT MANAGER (plpbt v5.0.12 y 13)

Started by shoutcrown, August 26, 2011, 00:21:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoutcrown

HELLO everybody!

Can anybody help me?

— I have been using Plop Boot Manager (plpbt v5.0.12) with the "floppy disk" without "full install" (because when I "install full" I have many problems to boot, etc. I have been using my "USB flash drive": HPv175w (16GB) to install Windows XP SP2 to Dell Latitude C600 (no problem). Later I bought another "USB flash drive": HPv165w (8GB) and I tried to install Windows XP SP2 to Dell Latitude C600, but there is a problem: When the Plop Boot Manager Menu appears I choose the "USB" option, then only appears and doesnt change: "2_".

— I tried many things (for example I used plpbt v5.0.13) but I cant fix this problem. My HPv165w (8GB) is ok because I can save and transfer files. So How can I fix this problem?

Elmar

can you make a photo of the screen?

did you try to boot the usb drive on a pc with bios usb support?

regards
elmar

shoutcrown

Hi Elmar, I am shoutcrown, I dont have a pc with usb support. That is why I am using plop boot manager to boot from usb.

I didn´t take a photo of the screen but i told you exactly what is showing the screen. There is a black screen with la letter ¨2_¨ and there is nothing else.

Can you tell me what is it wrong? As I told you, I can install WINXPSP2 using HP16GB, but i can´t install it using HP8GB following the same steps.

BYE...

Elmar

Quote from: shoutcrown on August 28, 2011, 18:25:34 PM
...There is a black screen with la letter ¨2_¨ and there is nothing else.

this output is not written by the boot manager.

shoutcrown

HI ELMAR

I told you this exactly: When the Plop Boot Manager Menu appears I choose the "USB" option, then only appears and doesnt change: "2_". That is I am sure Plop Boot Manager is OK because I can see the MENU (partition 1, partition 2,..., Floppy, USB, SETUP, Shutdown,...), also I still can install WINXPSP2 using my HP16GB. So I suppose there is something else I need to install WINXPSP2 using my HP8GB, and I hope someone here can help me

I hope I explain this more clear.
BYE

bomz

It was bad idea to write me personal. because my English is very poor.

The main Idea I want say: PLoP really work, but it not universal USB driver which work with all controllers, or emulates CD FLOPPY HD FLASH. I may suggests you only change parameters to find optimal.
Change all you may change.

I try formating flash like flash, like hd, using "BOOT IT" like mediator, create 2 disks, change MBR's...
I stop (for TRANSCEND and ASUS P4P800SE) flash like HD (reprogram controller), 1 disk, MBR NT5 which boot grub.

http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/index.htm  BOOTIT to install it to flash EMU need

Try to SEE your flash using PLOP driver from DOS for ex.

bomz

to change disks by numbers

for Grub4DOs

Quotemap () (hd0)
map (hd0) ()
map --rehook

() - root, or

Quotemap (hd1) (hd0)
map (hd0) (hd1)
map --rehook

when MBR or PBR boot file it not only put it to memory and RUN, it gives to it number of device - file must know there is it. Your boot system may begin from CD - grub - plop - USB MBR - USB PBR - GRUB - target. How Number of device message from CD to target is not obviously

bomz

I install under Puppy Jeans 1.3.1 b2     wine-20080321.pet

http://mirror.yandex.ru/puppyrus/pet/wine-20080321.pet

and may run USDownloader, Foxit Reader, 7zip, GreyLink p2p client, µTorrent
NetTransport don't run but I know it need C+ library