Install Windows 7 through pen drive using Plop?

Started by Nira, February 07, 2010, 06:40:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nira

Hi.. I ve a vaio laptop and it does not support usb boot. My dvd rom aint reading any dvds but it detects cds. I want to install windows 7 using a pen drive so i burned the image into a 4gb pen drive and i ve test it in other computers which support usb boot and it works.

Therefore i download the "plpbt-5.0.8.zip". I unzipped it and burned the plpbt.iso image into a cd. I restarted the system with the cd and entered the Plop bootmanager. I clicked on the "USB" option, then the screen changed to a blank screen with dotted lines and nothing happened. I waited for 15 mins and nothing happened. I again restarted the system (Alt+ctrl+del) and this time i entered "Setup" in Plop bootmanager and changed the usb mode to "mode 2" and then clicked on "USB". This time it was in the Plop bootmanager screen and it said transcend 4gb (my pen drive) and nothing happened.

Is there any way to install the windows 7 using Plop manager??? Please help me...

Elmar

i have no win7 available for testing this usb stuff

best regards
elmar

euroscan

Nira

Quote from: Elmar on February 07, 2010, 15:35:43 PM
i have no win7 available for testing this usb stuff

best regards
elmar

I checked the same procedure to install windows xp through a pen drive into my laptop. It works perfectly fine. But am not able to install windows 7. Does Plop boot manager support to install windows 7? Let me know if you get win7 and find a way to install windows 7 from a pen drive using Plop boot manager from a cd..

Nira

Quote from: euroscan on February 08, 2010, 20:57:23 PM
- try this, maybe is working.
--

--

@euroscan: i downloaded the software and executed the file but i didn't get "Plop Boot Manager" option in the "Process MBR" windows.. Is there any other application that can change the system MBR of my hard disk to support usb boot because when installing windows 7 i would be formatting the hard disk and then installing windows 7. After installation i would want to change the MBR to its previous state. Do you know any software that supports this?