Chainloading a bootloader from PLOP

Started by jlums, September 19, 2011, 22:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jlums

I'm trying to do the following:

UFD > GRUB4DOS > PLOP > WinPE (Chainload /bootmgr)

Is it possible to have PLOP load a specific Chainloader after loading USB Drivers, rather than going back to the USB bootloader (Grub4dos)?

After USB Driver is loaded, I lose USB keyboard support. PS/2 Keyboards are not an option. The only current workaround I can think of is to set WinPE as default in Grub4dos. However, I'd really perfer to not have it set as the default.

Elmar

Quote from: jlums on September 19, 2011, 22:52:11 PM
Is it possible to have PLOP load a specific Chainloader after loading USB Drivers, rather than going back to the USB bootloader (Grub4dos)?

no, its not possible

Quote from: jlums on September 19, 2011, 22:52:11 PM
After USB Driver is loaded, I lose USB keyboard support. PS/2 Keyboards are not an option. The only current workaround I can think of is to set WinPE as default in Grub4dos. However, I'd really perfer to not have it set as the default.

there is no other workaround

jlums

Thanks Elmar. I saw that you mentioned in another post that you are working on a driver that includes USB keyboard support, any rough guesses as to when it will be available?

Elmar

Quote from: jlums on September 20, 2011, 14:04:59 PM
Thanks Elmar. I saw that you mentioned in another post that you are working on a driver that includes USB keyboard support, any rough guesses as to when it will be available?

currently i am not working on it, so i don't know when it will be available.