cant get plop to work

Started by traksta15, October 12, 2011, 20:16:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

traksta15

im trying to plop my gateway e4600 so i can boot a new os via usb, when I add it to the boot menu it shows up as "windows 2000 or plop boot manager" when I choose plop boot manager it tells me that "windows 2000 root\system32\ntoskrnl.exe" is missing, but when I choose windows 2000 it boots normally, this is a 2nd hard drive I have but after adding the boot manager to my original hard drive it wont boot at all and I get the above error no matter if i choose to boot plop or windows 2000. Whats my problem? Thanks guys!!

Elmar

starting the boot manager with the windows boot menu from the second hard disk is not supported

elmar

traksta15

so what do I do? the hard drive its currently on is a spare I had that also had windows 2000 on it, its the only one installed on the computer.

traksta15

Elmar

start the boot manager from cd,floppy,network, grub4dos, ....

traksta15

You're my hero! I got it installed and it now boots from cd to the boot manager, pull the cd out and it comes up to the boot manager where I can choose floppy, cd, usb etc etc, but nothing actually happens. I tried keying u, ctrl + u and nothing happens? The usb flashdrive is hooked up, the other keys work so I know my comps not frozen, I can do everything except initiate usb booting. What should I do next?

Elmar

Quote from: traksta15 on October 28, 2011, 08:17:30 AM
What should I do next?

describe what text you see on the screen when you try to boot usb