Usb boot issues.

Started by HiDeHo, April 11, 2012, 02:08:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HiDeHo

I cant believe this. I have 2 usb drives setup for booting. will boot on my new computer ok, but not my old computer using plop bootloader from cd.

both these usb drives are setup with a small fat 32 partition for file sharing, and a ext4 as 2nd partition with an operating system. setup and installed using unetbootin

I understand that its probably the 2nd partition boot.   but unetbootin has a mbr setup on the usb plop should read that and boot.

Elmar

Quote from: HiDeHo on April 11, 2012, 02:08:21 AM
I cant believe this.

i cant believe that you really expect an answer to this post. when you want an answer then tell what you see on the screen and whats exactly happening when you selected the usb boot option in the boot manager.

carlinux

Quote from: HiDeHo on April 11, 2012, 02:08:21 AM
I cant believe this. I have 2 usb drives setup for booting. will boot on my new computer ok, but not my old computer using plop bootloader from cd.

both these usb drives are setup with a small fat 32 partition for file sharing, and a ext4 as 2nd partition with an operating system. setup and installed using unetbootin

I understand that its probably the 2nd partition boot.   but unetbootin has a mbr setup on the usb plop should read that and boot.

I can not understand ... but I had the same problem on an older PC, I installed the usb dvd linux mint, I used to plop boot manager, but without success, so I tried PlopKexec and installed everything from usb (Abit NF7-S Rev 2) without problems