hello , what would be the best to edit the .bin file within linux???

Started by manbearpig, May 29, 2012, 00:45:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

manbearpig

i don't have windows , so am unable to use the editor for altering the .bin file,... could someone help me out??

Elmar

manbearpig

Elmar

Quote from: manbearpig on May 29, 2012, 07:15:02 AM

i am unable to, i don't have windows....

could you show me  what the file looks like??

plpcfgbt is available for windows and Linux

manbearpig

Quote from: Elmar on May 29, 2012, 07:18:04 AM
Quote from: manbearpig on May 29, 2012, 07:15:02 AM

i am unable to, i don't have windows....

could you show me  what the file looks like??

plpcfgbt is available for windows and Linux

where? , i've only seen the windows version...

Elmar

1) its in the Linux directory of the boot manager zip file
2) its in the source code zip file of plpcfgbt

manbearpig

Quote from: Elmar on May 29, 2012, 07:25:03 AM
1) its in the Linux directory of the boot manager zip file
2) its in the source code zip file of plpcfgbt

ok , i just found that , but it won't execute....   could you modify a .bin for me ?? , that might be easiest...

Elmar

Quote from: manbearpig on May 29, 2012, 07:26:49 AM
that might be easiest...

for you, but i have no time. simply compile it by yourself. use the source code zip and run "make" in the src directory.

manbearpig

Quote from: Elmar on May 29, 2012, 07:30:36 AM
Quote from: manbearpig on May 29, 2012, 07:26:49 AM
that might be easiest...

for you, but i have no time. simply compile it by yourself. use the source code zip and run "make" in the src directory.

why do i need to compile anything??? if i already have the executables?

Elmar

Quote from: manbearpig on May 29, 2012, 07:32:43 AM

maybe your glibc is too old. how should i know whats wrong without the error message?

manbearpig

Quote from: Elmar on May 29, 2012, 07:36:41 AM
Quote from: manbearpig on May 29, 2012, 07:32:43 AM

maybe your glibc is too old. how should i know whats wrong without the error message?

what error message????  i haven't tried to compile....

all i need is an altered bin file... 

Elmar

Quote from: manbearpig on May 29, 2012, 07:42:24 AM

you say "it wan't execute" so there must be a problem and the problem will be explained by the error message of your linux system.

did you start plpcfgbt from the command line? if not then do that. plpcfgbt has no gui.

manbearpig

Quote from: Elmar on May 29, 2012, 07:46:50 AM
Quote from: manbearpig on May 29, 2012, 07:42:24 AM

you say "it wan't execute" so there must be a problem and the problem will be explained by the error message of your linux system.

did you start plpcfgbt from the command line? if not then do that. plpcfgbt has no gui.

FATAL: kernel too old
Segmentation fault
jason@crunchbang-eMachines:~$

Elmar

Quote from: manbearpig on May 29, 2012, 07:53:37 AM

Segmentation fault

this means your glibc is too old. so you have to compile the program on your system.

manbearpig

Quote from: Elmar on May 29, 2012, 07:55:56 AM
Quote from: manbearpig on May 29, 2012, 07:53:37 AM

Segmentation fault

this means your glibc is too old. so you have to compile the program on your system.

how??  wouldn't it be easier to send me the altered file???

Elmar

manbearpig

Elmar

manbearpig

manbearpig

i just think maybe a modified bin file would be best here ..

all i need is  to force usb boot after 7-10 seconds and whatever else required there , like the countdown option..

Elmar

the donation is not really the problem. i am so dumb and help mostly without getting any cent. but there is no "please" in any posting of you. you want help, so the word "please" is the minimum that others can expect from you. one please would have been enough. so i am not interested to help. i will not prepare a plpbt.bin for you.

but who cares. a last help from me: if you had looked a bit deeper to the documentation then i am sure you had found that http://www.plop.at/en/bootmanager/plpbt-parameter.html

final words: i dont want to be quibble, but no "regards" and similar are the other reason for short and limited answers.

manbearpig

Quote from: Elmar on May 30, 2012, 12:51:15 PM
the donation is not really the problem. i am so dumb and help mostly without getting any cent. but there is no "please" in any posting of you. you want help, so the word "please" is the minimum that others can expect from you. one please would have been enough. so i am not interested to help. i will not prepare a plpbt.bin for you.

but who cares. a last help from me: if you had looked a bit deeper to the documentation then i am sure you had found that http://www.plop.at/en/bootmanager/plpbt-parameter.html

final words: i dont want to be quibble, but no "regards" and similar are the other reason for short and limited answers.

ok , well i didn't mean to offend , but i didn't realize you were so soft hearted about this... but you did come off a little bit about "not having the time" (it would take a whole five minutes)  and suggesting "that I donate first" before you'll help , please re-read our postings and you might see how i'd take it that way....

i was just trying to figure out how to open a .bin file in linux...

as for the link you provided , i looked it over and Have seen all that info before , but still really doesn't help me much , i assume that in order to use that info , the plopBM needs to be on the hard drive???  is that right???

but if you could please help me on this i would be very greatful..

Elmar

Quote from: manbearpig on May 31, 2012, 00:14:59 AM
but you did come off a little bit about "not having the time" (it would take a whole five minutes) 

you said at reply 14 that you only want to have a modified bin. before i thought you want a plpcfgbt that works on your linux and i should compile it for you.

about the donation. i did not really think that i get a few euros/dollars.

however, i stop this now. attached is the bin file

bye

manbearpig

Quote from: Elmar on May 31, 2012, 06:06:06 AM
Quote from: manbearpig on May 31, 2012, 00:14:59 AM
but you did come off a little bit about "not having the time" (it would take a whole five minutes) 

you said at reply 14 that you only want to have a modified bin. before i thought you want a plpcfgbt that works on your linux and i should compile it for you.

about the donation. i did not really think that i get a few euros/dollars.

however, i stop this now. attached is the bin file

bye

what is in the attached file ????  just curious, is it modded ???

Elmar