Elmar ... why did you block that thread????

Started by manbearpig, June 05, 2012, 10:49:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

manbearpig

Elmar

i blocked the thread to freeze it that you are not able to change a text
(http://forum.plop.at/index.php/topic,1446.0.html starting at reply #20)

however. to finish that and i say it again, you are wrong. you don't believe me then read carefully the wiki link that you posted

you dont understand the wiki text? then read this http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Partition-Mass-Storage-Definitions-Naming-HOWTO/x160.html

but i am sure, even if you read that, you still think or say that sda1-4 can be a logical partition.

manbearpig

however. to finish that and i say it again, you are wrong.

no i still disagree....  http://forums.afterdawn.com/t.cfm/f-111/primary_vs_extended_partitions-932761/#5699927
from the link (once again , proves my point , that I am right)
QuoteDevice Boot Start End Blocks Id System
/dev/sda1 * 2048 23070719 11534336 12 Compaq diagnostics
/dev/sda2 23072766 312580095 144753665 5 Extended
/dev/sda5 23072768 26976255 1951744 83 Linux
/dev/sda6 26978304 42600447 7811072 82 Linux swap / Solaris
/dev/sda7 42602496 312580095 134988800 83 Linux

Can someone explain this,especially /dev/sda2? I have Ubuntu verison 12.04 LTS

Quoteyou don't believe me then read carefully the wiki link that you posted

i did , even before i posted it..  but then again , what about the screenshots and pics i linked to???  they prove my point...!!!!
you dont understand the wiki text?

what's not to understand???? it's english....

Quotethen read this http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Partition-Mass-Storage-Definitions-Naming-HOWTO/x160.html

read it , still doesn't prove me wrong though...
QuoteIt's not necessary to create 4 primaries. You could use only one extended (Linux only), but there are some advantages of using primaries.

but i am sure, even if you read that, you still think or say that sda1-4 can be a logical partition.

see, now you are going back on your own words , you said in the other thread (and i remember clearly) that sda's 1 thru 4 "can be" , but cannot be extended and further more will always be "logical" partitions, you're twisting things around here... (and i wonder why)

furthermore , even your own link there proves You wrong...

my argument is/was that the partitions in question can be extended as well...

pretty much this stands as follows , you've pretty much in so many words implied that i am some kind of idiot , i tried to have a pleasant conversation about disk partitioning and you've pretty much rubbed in my face that i am inferior to your intellect , in the previous thread , the thread i first started and now with your comment here , you have insulted me ...., which i find to be unprofessional to say the least...

as for my thread , you implied that i need to pay you first to receive help , the other thread you called me (in so many words) a liar and a "troll"  http://forum.plop.at/index.php/topic,1446.msg5773.html#msg5773
Quotei do no longer feed the troll
and now in this thread you basically insinuate that i am illiterate ....

what gives Elmar????   i would like an apology...

Elmar

your first reply in the other thread was

actually , sda 1 thru 4 can been logical partitions

and thats 100000000% wrong !!!!!!!!!!! what should i say more?

Quote from: manbearpig on June 06, 2012, 06:58:21 AM
see, now you are going back on your own words , you said in the other thread (and i remember clearly) that sda's 1 thru 4 "can be" , but cannot be extended and further more will always be "logical" partitions, you're twisting things around here... (and i wonder why)

i never said it cannot be an extended. where did i say that???? show me the post. i always said that sda1-4 can be an primary or extended partition. but it cannot be a logical partition!!!!

i dont speak about the language. i mean the sense

and you aks why i say you are a troll. now you change from logical partition to extended partition.

one question: do you think that an extended partition is the same like a logical partition?

manbearpig

Quote from: Elmar on June 06, 2012, 07:16:37 AM
your first reply in the other thread was

and thats 100000000% wrong !!!!!!!!!!! what should i say more?

i never said it cannot be an extended. where did i say that???? show me the post. i always said that sda1-4 can be an primary or extended partition. but it cannot be a logical partition!!!!

i dont speak about the language. i mean the sense

and you aks why i say you are a troll. now you change from logical partition to extended partition.

one question: do you think that an extended partition is the same like a logical partition?

ok , you obviously didn't fully read and understand my last post....

and still i notice you are yet to provide an apology...

Elmar

Quote from: manbearpig on June 06, 2012, 07:27:09 AM
and still i notice you are yet to provide an apology...

in this case i see no reason to do that.

and that you don't answer my last questions let me think even stronger that you only want to troll.

btw. i didn't say you are a liar. i said you are wrong! thats a difference

manbearpig

in this case i see no reason to do that.

really??? wow...

Quoteand that you don't answer my last questions let me think even stronger that you only want to troll.

and now you do it again...!!  why?? what's your problem man..?

Quotebtw. i didn't say you are a liar. i said you are wrong! thats a difference

same difference ...  you did in so many words....

yet still , why are you so enthusiastically trying to prove me wrong though???

Elmar

answer the simple question. do you think that an extended partition is the same like a logical partition?

manbearpig

Quoteone question: do you think that an extended partition is the same like a logical partition?

is this a trick question....????  really???

Elmar

Quote from: manbearpig on June 06, 2012, 07:55:59 AM

Quoteone question: do you think that an extended partition is the same like a logical partition?

is this a trick question....????  really???

no. thats a real and simple question.

manbearpig

Quote from: Elmar on June 06, 2012, 07:55:51 AM
answer the simple question. do you think that an extended partition is the same like a logical partition?
do you fully understand logical , extended ???

Elmar

Quote from: manbearpig on June 06, 2012, 07:59:05 AM
do you fully understand logical , extended ???

is that your answer to my question?

manbearpig

QuoteQuote from: Elmar on Today at 07:57:08
QuoteQuote from: manbearpig on Today at 07:55:59

QuoteQuote

is this a trick question....?  really???

no. thats a real and simple question.

why should i bother???  you're only going to insult me again...  i mean , i don't point out your punctuation errors here ...

but either way , so what are we really asking  , if a logical partition can be extended?? 

you have :

primary

and

extended

define logical........  both are logical.....

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/eserver/v1r2/topic/diricinfo/fqy0_cpartitn.html

Partition types: Primary / Extended:
Primary partitions is a partition that is needed to store and boot an operating system, In general, you would install the operating system in a primary partition. A primary partition can be set "active", which allows the computer to locate the operating system that needs to be started. Only 1 primary partition can be active, but more primary partitions can exist. If more than 1 primary partition is set active, the computer will not boot. Also, when no primary partition is set active, the computer will not boot. Only the partition table in the MBR can contain primary partitions.

Extended partition can be sub-divided into logical drives and is viewed as a container for logical drives, where data proper is located. An extended partition is not formatted or assigned a drive letter. The extended partition is used only for creating a desired number of logical partitions..

Elmar

but either way , so what are we really asking ??? , if a logical partition can be extended?? 

no thats not the question. but this question and that you post the link

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/eserver/v1r2/topic/diricinfo/fqy0_cpartitn.html

shows me that you mix the type "extended partition" with "to extend a partition"

you have :

primary

and

extended

where in your links or quotes do your read that a primary or extended partition is a logical partition?

you have :

primary

and

extended

no, you have 3 different types of partitions.
1) primary partitions
2) extended partitions
3) logical partitions

the word "extended" in the name of the partition type "extended partition" does not stand for resized or similar. an "extended partition" is a own partition type. "extended partitions" are used as shell for "logical partitions". "logical partitions" exists only in "extended partitions". "logical partitions" are defined in another way than "primary partitions". i could go deeper in the details, but i dont know if its required.

"extended partition" does not mean that it is a resized partition. it is a own type of a partition

manbearpig

i'm sorry , but you don't know what you're talking about and are very rude to people , i still ask for an apology...

can you not be nice enough to do so???

once again , where are you from ???

Elmar

Quote from: manbearpig on June 06, 2012, 09:04:07 AM
i'm sorry , but you don't know what you're talking about

i give up. it makes no sense to talk with you.

manbearpig

Quote from: Elmar on June 06, 2012, 09:10:38 AM
Quote from: manbearpig on June 06, 2012, 09:04:07 AM
i'm sorry , but you don't know what you're talking about

i give up. it makes no sense to talk with you.

yeah you would say that , and nothing else ...

you still didn't answer my questions elmar....

Elmar

manbearpig

Quote from: Elmar on June 06, 2012, 09:40:54 AM
Quote from: manbearpig on June 06, 2012, 09:36:16 AM

you too

that doesn't matter ...!

just apologize you jerk....!!!!!  what's your friggin problem ???

now ur just tickin me off...

Elmar

Quote from: manbearpig on June 06, 2012, 09:43:33 AM
Quote from: Elmar on June 06, 2012, 09:40:54 AM
Quote from: manbearpig on June 06, 2012, 09:36:16 AM

you too

that doesn't matter ...!

just apologize you jerk....!!!!!  what's your friggin problem ???

now ur just tickin me off...

i don't understand what you mean

manbearpig

Elmar

Elmar

Elmar

Elmar

manbearpig

Quote from: Elmar on June 08, 2012, 08:32:07 AM
no, what you said is still wrong

and what exactly am i wrong about????

no i'm talkin about the name calling stuff...

manbearpig

this proves you wrong Elmar...

it's from my laptop earlier today..

Elmar

Quote from: manbearpig on June 08, 2012, 08:42:22 AM
and what exactly am i wrong about????

you are wrong about the following

in the other thread you said:

you said

actually , sda 1 thru 4 can been logical partitions , if so created that way by a partitioning utility like G-parted ...

its impossible to create a logical partition that is sda1, sda2, sda3 or sda4. gparted is also not able to do that. you need an extended partition (that acts as shell) to create logical partitions. and the first logical partition gets the node sda5.

you are wrong with

i never said what you think to remember "clearly"

QuoteQuote from: manbearpig on June 06, 2012, 06:58:21 AM
you said in the other thread (and i remember clearly) that sda's 1 thru 4 "can be" , but cannot be extended and further more will always be "logical" partitions, you're twisting things around here... (and i wonder why)

i always said that sda1-4 can only by primary or extended partitions but never a logical partition.

i was very bear with you and explained why sda1-4 can't be a logical partition.

you posted images where sda2 is an extended partition and you say that proves what you said. what the images are proving is that i am right and sda2 is an extended partition and not a logical partition.

then you posted an image where sda2 is a primary swap partition and you said

Quoteprimary , sda2 , logical!!!!

you dont understand that a logical partition is an own type of a partition. and a primary partition can't be a logical partition.

now you post again an image where sda2 is extended and say that i am wrong. either you really don't understand the difference between the 3 different partition types (primary, extended, logical) or you want to keep the conversation alive with acting like a fool and say an extended partition and a primary partition is a logical partition. when you act like a fool then you are trolling and i don't have to apologize.

i wrote the first boot manager about 15 years ago. working with hex editors on hardware sector level since about 20 years and you say i don't know what i am talking about. when somebody writes a boot manager then understanding partitions is basic knowledge.

you can say 10000 times that sda1-4 can be a logical partition. you will be always wrong.
i say sda1-4 can be only a primary or extended partition. sda1-4 can never be a logical partition.

and last but not least a quote from the linux documentation page http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Partition-Mass-Storage-Definitions-Naming-HOWTO/x160.html
the first logical partition is always 5. So any partition with number of five and up is a logical one.

manbearpig

and see once again , you stuck your foot in your mouth , you said and i clearly absolutely remember  that you said that sda 1-4 "can NEVER be extended"  i do remember you saying that...

either way , you are an asshole , you are VERY RUDE and insulting....   I AM NOT A TROLL NOR AM I SOME FOOL...!!!!!!!

i give you one last chance to make an apology .....

i have proven you wrong and you are unable to accept that....

Elmar

Quote from: manbearpig on June 08, 2012, 09:50:01 AM
and see once again , you stuck your foot in your mouth , you said and i clearly absolutely remember  that you said that sda 1-4 "can NEVER be extended"  i do remember you saying that...

show me the post!

EDIT: the best is you make a screenshot. I WANT TO SEE WHAT YOU SAY

manbearpig

Quote from: Elmar on June 08, 2012, 09:51:56 AM
Quote from: manbearpig on June 08, 2012, 09:50:01 AM

show me the post!

EDIT: the best is you make a screenshot. I WANT TO SEE WHAT YOU SAY

we both know you deleted that post , i went looking for it...

Elmar

Quote from: manbearpig on June 09, 2012, 07:27:25 AM
we both know you deleted that post , i went looking for it...

all post and replies are continuous. i have no reason to delete a post. I SIMPLY NEVER SAID THAT SDA1-4 CAN NEVER BE AN EXTENDED!

EDIT: you also receive emails when a post is replied. check the sync of mails and replies before you make a false accusation!

manbearpig

Quoteall post and replies are continuous. i have no reason to delete a post. I SIMPLY NEVER SAID THAT SDA1-4 CAN NEVER BE AN EXTENDED!

actually you did....  I remember..

QuoteEDIT: you also receive emails when a post is replied. check the sync of mails and replies before you make a false accusation!

actually no i don't , because i don't allow that stuff , marked as spam/unwanted etc.....

all i'm asking is that you apologize for the name calling...

Elmar

Quote from: manbearpig on June 09, 2012, 08:05:34 AM

i think you remember what you dreamed, but a dream is not reality.

manbearpig

Quote from: Elmar on June 09, 2012, 08:07:43 AM
Quote from: manbearpig on June 09, 2012, 08:05:34 AM

i think you remember what you dreamed, but a dream is not reality.

which would be what?????

Elmar

Quote from: manbearpig on June 09, 2012, 08:15:42 AM
which would be what?????

Quote from: manbearpig on June 09, 2012, 09:05:53 AM
well?????

when you want to discuss then write in whole sentences. when you want to troll then write one word, unspecified or malformed questions.

manbearpig

Quote from: Elmar on June 09, 2012, 09:10:50 AM
Quote from: manbearpig on June 09, 2012, 08:15:42 AM
which would be what?????

Quote from: manbearpig on June 09, 2012, 09:05:53 AM
well?????

when you want to discuss then write in whole sentences. when you want to troll then write one word, unspecified or malformed questions.

when you want to insult someone , just say words like "troll" and "fool" ....

i'm still waiting...

i figured out where you are....   germany....

manbearpig

QuoteElmar Hanlhofer

Phone: 01 ....
    Address:
    Elmar Hanlhofer

EDIT: i stripped it down, my address is available in the web...

Elmar

wow, after so many days you found the "secret" link called contact on my site. congratulations

Jason Crigger  aka manbearpig
..., Missouri

jason, its boring and a pain to talk with you

i make a small conclusion:

you insist on false things
you needle others, you abuse others (both seen on various youtube channels)
you feel quickly be pissed off and you get angry when no one helps you (seen on ubuntuforums)

you make false accusations

you feel be pissed off because i said "i do no longer feed the troll". hey man, when someone still insists on false things after so many replies and explanations, then you can be happy that i only said that [sarcasm]soooooo awful[/sarcasm] sentence and you are still able to post in this forum. another admin had kicked you out.

you call me jerk, asshole, rude, liar and expect an apology from me. that sounds like a joke.

it seems the only place where you feel well is the tractorforum.

be warned. you are only a guest here. one more insult and you are out.

EDIT: i stripped the address although its free available in the web. tell me when someone wants it  ;)

manbearpig

Quote from: Elmar on June 09, 2012, 09:58:05 AM
wow, after so many days you found the "secret" link called contact on my site. congratulations

Jason Crigger  aka manbearpig
..., Missouri

i make a small conclusion:

you insist on false things
you needle others, you abuse others (both seen on various youtube channels)
you feel quickly be pissed off and you get angry when no one helps you (seen on ubuntuforums)

you make false accusations

you feel be pissed off because i said "i do no longer feed the troll". hey man, when someone still insists on false things after so many replies and explanations, then you can be happy that i only said that [sarcasm]soooooo awful[/sarcasm] sentence and you are still able to post in this forum. another admin had kicked you out.

you call me jerk, asshole, rude, liar and expect an apology from me. that sounds like a joke.

it seems the only place where you feel well is the tractorforum.

that isn't me , so what am i supposed to fear...?

EDIT: i stripped the address in the quote although its free available in the web. tell me when someone wants it ;)

manbearpig

kinda the same with you i'm sorry to say..

Quoteyou needle others, you abuse others (both seen on various youtube channels)

show me the links...

Quoteyou feel quickly be pissed off and you get angry when no one helps you (seen on ubuntuforums)

once again , show me that .... , not me there...

Quoteyou make false accusations

where?

Quoteyou feel be pissed off because i said "i do no longer feed the troll". hey man, when someone still insists on false things after so many replies and explanations, then you can be happy that i only said that [sarcasm]soooooo awful[/sarcasm] sentence and you are still able to post in this forum. another admin had kicked you out.

any other admin would have acted more mature than you .... i'm sorry to say that , and not to flame , but that is true ......, i dunno if that's a German (non US citizen thing) or not , but i was taught to be polite first...

because you are!!! , you couldn't even be respectful of others and just simply say you were sorry for the rude comments , i only said what i did after the fact...

Quoteit seems the only place where you feel well is the tractorforum.

what is that???  i looked it up ... that ain't me there...

i am??? , so who can kick you out????

Elmar

Quote from: manbearpig on June 09, 2012, 10:32:24 AM

because you are!!!

game over. you are banned

vesalocal

Quotegame over. you are banned

Schön, dass das ein Ende hat - es war einfach unwürdig...

Elmar

Quote from: vesalocal on June 09, 2012, 14:36:36 PM

ja. ich hatte immer wieder die hoffnung das er zur besinnung kommt. dem war halt nicht so.

Bazong

Quote from: vesalocal on June 09, 2012, 14:36:36 PM

sehe ich auch so !
Elmar, du musst ja gut gelaunt gewesen sein das du das so lange mitgemacht hast  ;D
unglaublich wie unverbesserlich manche leute sind........

gruß

Elmar

Quote from: Bazong on June 13, 2012, 22:26:39 PM
Elmar, du musst ja gut gelaunt gewesen sein das du das so lange mitgemacht hast  ;D
unglaublich wie unverbesserlich manche leute sind........

das koennen wir ja bei einem sixpack besprechen wenn ich wiedermal zeit hab

Bazong