Having an interesting issue

Started by realos332, July 26, 2012, 22:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

realos332

I am currently using a Win7 32bit PC without cd writing capability and I need to create bootable media from usb. I have followed the steps for using plop to create a bootable usb drive but cannot get past a device error. My bios is a Phoenix. Please help, I need to boot a usb with software for a new job.

realos332

Also, if this topic somehow already exists- I apologize. I am in a rush to ask the question though, as I have little time left to get this working.

Elmar

hi,

that we are talking about the same i need to know
  • what os do you want to boot from usb?
  • where do you read "device error"?

Quote from: realos332 on July 26, 2012, 22:09:27 PM
I have followed the steps for using plop to create a bootable usb drive

are you talking about the description in the plop linux section?

regards
elmar

realos332

I am not trying to boot an OS from the usb.
I am trying to boot another program altogether that is necessary for work with a company.
I read the device error from the command prompt after attempting to use the plppart32 program.
I am attempting to enable the usb drive to be bootable. It has been already formatted and must be completely blank before I can place the software onto the device. It was the windows section of plop but somewhere therein I was informed to download the syslinux.exe.
Thank you for replying elmar.

Elmar

Quote from: realos332 on July 28, 2012, 00:35:55 AM
I am trying to boot another program altogether

i dont understand what you mean

EDIT: 
do you mean the autostart of a program when you plug in the usb drive?

realos332

It is a program which I would have used to work calls, etc for a company that would employ me as their customer service rep but my time seems to have expired to complete the task.