Can't burn to CD using ImgBurn or Windows 7 skips by at the CD-ROM drive bootup

Started by Caslon, July 27, 2013, 12:20:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caslon

Boot Manager.
OK, I have ImgBurn, right click on the plpbt ISO and choose "Burn with ImgBurn".  I start.  FAIL.  Error msg about the "layout not being the same"(with the ISO file used).   

Guys, this should be easier than this.   There's both an ISO and and Image file in that unzipped directory.  Trying to burn both of these files ended in failure.  When I WAS able to complete a burn with either ,  upon setting my bios to stop at the CD-ROM drive,  it just skipped past it and went to windows desktop.  WTF?   I followed the directions.  I got fail.  Help?

Is  ImgBurn fully Windows7 32bit compatible?  I even got  "ImgBurn has stopped working" sometimes.   Isn't it supposed to be easier than this?  I'm not a total nerd, but I'm beginning to think so in regards to getting this working...or even burn this utility to a cd!!!!   I also tried BurnAware which is similar to ImgBurn and still got failures.

I'm probably doing something wrong. I've have spent  3+ hours and 4  coasters.  Time to give up?  I'm a clueless newb? maybe, lol. Not a lost cause I hope.  It's a neat concept, this program.  I want to get it to burn and boot.

Elmar

hello,

i know nothing about imgburn. basically, any program that is able to write an iso file to a cd/dvd should work.

USE ONLY THE FILE WITH THE .ISO EXTENSION.  there are 2 different iso files. one for the livecd and one to install the boot manager to the hard disk.

regards
elmar

Caslon

Alrighty.  Only, meantime, can anyone explain the "layout doesn't match" error msg?
I will make note to use the iso file, only (which I did), why is there an identical file with the same name,  only, it's an img file?
I guess I have a lot to learn.  I tried to use that file too and it failed.  I'm not giving up.

Elmar

Quote from: Caslon on July 28, 2013, 02:20:51 AM
Alrighty.  Only, meantime, can anyone explain the "layout doesn't match" error msg?

ask the imgburn developer

Quote from: Caslon on July 28, 2013, 02:20:51 AM
I will make note to use the iso file, only (which I did), why is there an identical file with the same name,  only, it's an img file?

the files are not identical. you should open the 1README.TXT file to get the info that the .img file is an image for floppy disks.

Caslon

ask the developer what it means, ah

the image file for floppy disk, got it. thanks. I was wondering about that

DuceTheTruth

I'm going through a similar thing over here, the only difference is that I've actually got it to work on a dvd-rw disk a while back, I erased it and now trying to put that stupid .iso back on the disk is NOT working....3rd day now. The first time took me like 10 minutes....smh