k7rim

Hi,
First of all i just want to thank you for this great bootloader
and all your effort

I have this problem using plop :
I have Usb flash drive (16G) which i use to multiboot
I have laptob (packardbell easynote mv35) with no internal hard drive
this laptop can boot from usb drive as hard drive but with very slow speed
so I used your great plop tool to load usb drivers and boot again from the same falsh drive so it would be like that :
Grub4dos > plop menu item > Grub4dos again

After loading plop usb becomes fast but when choosing menu items (which confirmed loading without plop) it give me errors :
"Disk read error" or "partiton table error" or if it managed to actually boot
it gives various errors (say I booted windows xp it gives txtsetup.inf curropt or flashing cursurs ) same with any other menuitem (as parted magic , Dos programs ...)

When  i use command "mapp --status" it gives 2 hardrive-orig although i don't have internal hard drive and the same command gives me only 1 hard drive without booting plop

so what's wrong and how i get it fixed ?!
Thank you

Elmar

hi,

are you using the latest version?

regards
elmar

k7rim

I'm using this version : "Plop Boot Manager 5.0.14"
I downloaded it from downloads page
no higher version available there

k7rim

Just wondering if anyone have an idea for my problem?!

Z_God

Try booting in USB 1.1 (not 2.0) mode. This will be slower, but it solves similar problems for me. Once the OS is loaded and its own USB drivers take over, things should go fast again.

k7rim

Quote from: Z_God on April 06, 2013, 15:26:30 PM
Try booting in USB 1.1 (not 2.0) mode. This will be slower, but it solves similar problems for me. Once the OS is loaded and its own USB drivers take over, things should go fast again.

Thank you but the main reason i use plop is that i want to boot in high speed usb 2.0
my laptop packardbell easynote mv35 has usb 2.0 ports but with buggy bios
that boots in very horrible speed making my multiboot usb practically unusable

k7rim

@Elmar
Could this be related to the replay i read (but i don't remember where) that plop should take control of the usb controllers (if the pc boots from usb, loading plop then boots back to usb) ?

If so, when do you expect that issue will be fixed?!
thank you for your amazing work