Main Menu

ext4

Started by acodoner, February 24, 2010, 16:08:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acodoner

Hello,

I have tried to clone an ext4  partition using partclone.ext4, but it failed. I have tried then to mount that partition and PLOPLinux doesn't recognise the file system. Is there any easy way to fix that?

Best Regards

Elmar

hi,
have you tried to mount with "-t ext4"

best regards
elmar

acodoner

Hello,

I have tried with the last version of PLOPLinux and using the -t ext4 I can mount the partition, but cloning still doesn't work. The link for partclone.ext4 doesn't exist, anyway I have used partclone.extfs but I get the following message,

"Partclone fail, please check /var/log/partclone.log"

And the log says,

"Couldn't find valid filesystem superblock."

Maybe I should  try updating the version of partclone...

Best Regards

Elmar

i can give you a test version in 30 minutes

acodoner

Thank you very much

I have downloaded the 0.1.9-4 debian package from partclone.org, I have installed it in Ubuntu and I have copied the partclone.* binaries to the computer with the ext4 partition running PLOPLinux. It works! I have cloned the image with no problems. So it's just about updating partclone.

Best Regards

Elmar

ok, i had to update another thing too. if you want to give it a try, here is it
http://download.plop.at/tmp/ploplinux-tmp.iso

however, its in the next release.

regards
elmar

acodoner

Thank you!

This one works with ext4. The version of partclone you are using is 0.1.0, so I have unsquashed the usr.sqfs and added the partclone files v0.1.9 because I had some problems with the partclone.ntfs 0.1.0 version.

Best Regards

Abelardo

Elmar

i didn't find the 0.1.9-4.

Elmar

ahh thanks, i updated it
strange, the link on the partclone page takes me to the 0.1.0 version

best regards
elmar

Elmar

btw. why did you use 0.1.9 an not 0.2.0?

acodoner

Hello

0.2.0 has been released today so it's only in source format, since I'm a bit lazy I chose the .deb package  :D

regards

Elmar

ok, the tmp version has now partclone 0.2.0

regards
elmar