Is it possible to override the boot sequence without BIOS settings ?

Started by Ramakrishna Jujare, February 04, 2015, 15:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramakrishna Jujare

Just wondering is it possible to override the boot sequence on my PC without having to change the BIOS settings.  i.e.,  is it possible for PC to boot from the USB key without making changes to existing BIOS boot sequence?

Thanks in advance.  :)
Ramakrishna Jujare

Elmar

hello,

usually, there is a hotkey to select a boot device. if you don't see the POST screen of your bios the press esc. this should show the POST screen and you should see beside a lot of other informations the hotkey.

best regards
elmar

Ramakrishna Jujare

I am working on an software which works from USB upon its boot (assuming host OS and its hard-disk are corrupt and cannot change BIOS boot sequence).  There are different hot keys available for different computer brands: https://craftedflash.com/info/how-boot-computer-from-usb-flash-drive

In order to avoid, these operation issue, I was checking is there a way to boot directly from USB when a computer start.

Elmar

when you want to boot from usb, then the computer must be prepared for that. either with the bios (boot sequence, hotkey) or by a third party software that is started from a bootable device to provide the usb boot.