Cannot modify .bin file

Started by Burk, February 25, 2010, 09:10:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burk

Hello!
I am satisfied in using plop-bootmanager, but I want to use it now in my way. So I tried to use plpcfgbt-0.7 to modify plpbt. But I am unable to open or print or what else with plpbt.bin in command line. I used contig to defrag the file, don´t know if it works cause dos-box is shortly flashing and nothing else, I defragged the whole drive, I can´T modify it. Installation to harddrive also fails cause it remains clusters. Any idea what is going wrong or any detailled instruction how to do it?

Elmar

hi,
you have to run the programs from the command line and not from the explorer window.

regards
elmar

Burk

So, I know this. Going into the details: I typed Win + r, then I opened with command a black box. There I am going into plpcfgbt and got the help file after some tries. Then I am following the example as described to boot from usb in silent mode. But the black box is writing that she could not open plpbt.So, you see it is everything in the box, but I am not a command-line junkie so it could be helpful to describe the procedure in details. Or is it possible to get the bin.file preconfigured (usb in silent mode) from anywhere if I am struggling again. Thanks for your quick reply.

Elmar

you don't have to be a command line junkie. you need only some basic knowledge.

copy plpbt.bin, plpcfgbt.exe, plpgenbtldr.exe and contig.exe to c:\plop
enter the command line with win + r and cmd.exe
enter the command "cd \plop"
then run the plpcfgbt program with the parameters you need
then you have to run "contig plpbt.bin"
then "plpgenbtldr"

thats all

Burk

Ok, I got it by entering the full path for plpbt.bin. Just so simple as forgotting to put fuel in the tank of a car. And how do I get this modified .bin to a burning (modified) cd with a modified bootloader on my cd?I hope that´s the last question, otherwise I have to donate something...

Elmar