installed software on desktop edition

Started by mhe, April 06, 2015, 21:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhe

In the filelist here: http://download.plop.at/ploplinux/4.3.0/sources/file-list.txt are all available buildscripts, but is there a list of installed software for the desktop edition?

I ask this because I was trying to change the keyboard layout through the menu and there was no tab for keyboard layout.
Is xfce-addon not installed on the desktop image?

Elmar

Quote from: mhe on April 06, 2015, 21:07:26 PM
In the filelist here: http://download.plop.at/ploplinux/4.3.0/sources/file-list.txt are all available buildscripts, but is there a list of installed software for the desktop edition?

this is the list of all installed programs (the build scripts are not included in the list) + the server programs that are not in the desktop/live version. the programs in the live version are the same as in the desktop version.

Quote from: mhe on April 06, 2015, 21:07:26 PM
I ask this because I was trying to change the keyboard layout through the menu and there was no tab for keyboard layout.
Is xfce-addon not installed on the desktop image?

for the keyboard layout, do a right click at the panel at the top, choose "Panel/Add New Items..." and select "Keyboard Layouts"

Regards
Elmar

mhe

That worked. It's just odd that there is no seperate tab at the keyboard preferences from the settings menu for layout, I have seen that lmost on any xfce install.

To change my layout (as in loadkeys be-latin1), should I edit /etc/sysconfig/console or somewhere else? /bin/rc.local?
For X, I could use "setxbk be" in the user's ~/.zlogin or is this done somewhere else?

Elmar

Quote from: mhe on April 07, 2015, 16:26:27 PM
To change my layout (as in loadkeys be-latin1), should I edit /etc/sysconfig/console or somewhere else? /bin/rc.local?

add it to /etc/rc.local

Quote from: mhe on April 07, 2015, 16:26:27 PM
For X, I could use "setxbk be" in the user's ~/.zlogin or is this done somewhere else?

you can add it to any of those files

~/.xinitrc
~/.myxinitrc  (has to be created by you)
~/xfce4  (will be renamed to xfce in the upcoming release)