Boot Manager Hangs after selecting USB

Started by Andyman9491, July 12, 2015, 02:01:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andyman9491

Hi,  I have burned the PloP boot Manager to my CD and it was a success. Then,  I inserted my USB drive which has Lubuntu ISO burned onto it, done by Rufus.
My computer would not boot using USB (even by selecting "Removable Drives" in the boot menu)  so I tried this way.
When I selected the USB option,  it recognized the port with the USB in it, but afterwards the screen froze. I tried powering it off and trying it again and same result. What could be the problem? Thanks!

oldoldschool

My Compaq Presario 6000 ether hangs, reports invalid system disk, or starts then freezes with a number of Linux versions. Is Lubuntu known to be compatible with your unit? mine works only with Mythbuntu so far.

Elmar

Hello,

when you have other USB devices connected, then try to switch the port of the USB drive. As alternative its possible to use plopKexec to boot Linux Systems from USB.
https://www.plop.at/en/plopkexec.html#download

Best regards
Elmar

finchyfinchpot4god

My Compaq Presario R3000 has a simialar problem it just loads up then I hit USB then it just says

LOADING EHCI DRIVER
SEARCHING ON HOSTS
HOST 1
PORT 1, 2 OR 3 (EITHER ONE):DEVICE CONNECTED

Thats all it does  :(

Squeezy

Quote from: finchyfinchpot4god on September 11, 2015, 19:58:18 PM
My Compaq Presario R3000 has a simialar problem it just loads up then I hit USB then it just says

LOADING EHCI DRIVER
SEARCHING ON HOSTS
HOST 1
PORT 1, 2 OR 3 (EITHER ONE):DEVICE CONNECTED

Thats all it does  :(

Same problem, but resolved:

- go to SETUP menu
- turn ON force usb 1.1
- go back to main menu
- ALT + U to launch the usb detection
- press ENTER when asked to start the boot

Initially the installation seems to go a bit slow, but once the installation files are copied on the hd, it goes fast as it should be

(tested on Acer Aspire 1620 -no usb boot available- for Windows XP installation via usb stick)

finchyfinchpot4god

I got another old computer and it worked fine so you guys don't need to worry about that anymore  :) (on my part anyways).