Main Menu

PLoP 4.04 Failure

Started by burnme, March 04, 2010, 09:22:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

burnme

Hey Elmar,

Running into an issue with the new livecd. There seems to be an issue with the newest kernel, the trackpoint driver doesn't load and hangs the system. Here is an image:

I ran into the same problem using the newest kernel info and trying to setup a new system. I am going to run back through the configuration and see if I can take it out. Just thought you would want to know, the info you provided says it should boot to busybox if plop fails, but mine didn't. Also, right now I am only testing the newest kernel on Virtual PC 2007, though I don't think that is the issue.

Burnme

Elmar

hi,
thanks for the info.

a few lines have been changed in trackpoint.c in the new kernel. i am wondering that this hangs the kernel.

busybox:
i think it hangs before busybox is able to start.

if you don't need the new kernel, then you can take the bzimage and lib.sqfs of the 4.0.3 version.

best regards
elmar

burnme

I was just going to use the new 4.04. Downloaded, ran, didn't even load. I will test it our make sure it works for me. I didn't see any other way you wanted bugs reported. Has nothing to so with anything else, just couldn't get it up and running. Thanx for the update tho, I will put it to use.

Burnme

Elmar

reporting bugs with the forum is ok

burnme

Wanted to throw you an update, downloaded 4.0.3, same issue. I haven't tried a version between that and the last I had, I was using 3.8.0, that works fine. Went through the changelog to see what version you were using then, the one I could see was 2.6.29 for 3.8.0. So, I went to kernel.org, that version isn't available, no doubt deprecated.

Anyway, right now I am running a few tests to see if I can get this up and running. FYI, the picture I included shows the spot where in start up the system just stops, the last message pops up and then nothing, let is sit for 15 minutes to see if it would time out or continue on, it did not.

I see the changes between the tracepoint.c in package linux-2.6.30.2 and linux-2.6.33. I am now going to try to put the older trackpoint.h/c in and see if that fixes the issue.

UPDATE - Well that didn't work either. I guess I will just go back to 3.8.0 and deal. Thanx for the time.

Burnme

Elmar