Error: unable to get partition information. 108

Started by mmartin20tw, December 24, 2015, 07:25:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmartin20tw

Hi everyone, I tried to install plop boot manager from windows 8.1 on my x86 tablet, but I get this error message:

Error: unable to get partition information. 108 (96,16,132,116...were also shown in the error, it's different every time)

Anyone please help me? Cause this is the final way I can think of since my tablet's BIOS (insydeh20 setup utility rev 5.0) can't find my bootable usb as a boot option, but can read it which is weird......Please help! Thx a lot!

mmartin20tw

BTW, If I delete win8.1 and install windows 7, will the problem be fixed? I am too noob to all these, never thought that boot usb on a tablet can be so troublesome because of the BIOS. Computer pros please help me.

Elmar

Hello,

your tablet is using GTP which is not supported by the Plop Boot manager 5. When you reinstall Windows 7, then you have to boot without UEFI and create a classic partition table. Maybe thats not allowed on the tablet.

Regards
Elmar

mmartin20tw

Quote from: Elmar on December 24, 2015, 12:55:52 PM
Hello,

your tablet is using GTP which is not supported by the Plop Boot manager 5. When you reinstall Windows 7, then you have to boot without UEFI and create a classic partition table. Maybe thats not allowed on the tablet.

Regards
Elmar

Thx a lot Elmar!!! Love your PLOP boot manager a lot :D I'll try to boot without UEFI. Thx :D

BTW, is there any other way to boot my usb since the BIOS(insydeh20 rev 5.0) seems to have lock advance option so even with legacy mode on I boot selector still can't find my usb

Merry Christmas !!!

Added:
My BIOS on tablet can't even read windows 7 boot usb in EFI mode. Looks like I don't have any methods now xD
Second Added:
Just found this, is this what I should try to make PLOP works?
http://www.disk-partition.com/help/convert-gpt-mbr-disk.html