Disconnecting USB's

Started by PlopProblem, February 15, 2016, 16:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlopProblem

Hello, recently I downloaded your program and when I add the disc (with plop in it) to my old pc, i connect the USB, keyboard and start up the computer, open up the "USB", it disconnects my keyboard, and I can't push any button, but my pc wants me to push any button in a few seconds to load up the USB flash drive with windows xp in it. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting it really fast, but it doesn't work. Then I need to shut down the computer using the power button and start it all over.

Elmar

Hello,

USB keyboards are not supported by my USB driver. You have to configure the "to be booted" system that it starts automatically. As soon as the OS loads its own USB drivers, the keyboard will work again.

Regards
Elmar

PlopProblem

I'm sorry, but how to do that? I just tried restarting my pc a few times with only keyboard connected, then inserting USB right before clicking the "USB". My way didn't worked, and it's kind of an old pc by hewlett packard. Can you give me a more "In depth tutorial"? Thank you.

Elmar

You have to configure the loader on your USB drive that no key press is required to boot XP. I don't know how you should do that, I don't know what loader you use on the USB drive.

Elmar

It doesn't matter what drive you use. You made the USB drive bootable with a tool. This is the point for you to start.

PlopProblem

I've used RUFUS 2.7.855 (Newest) these are the values that I was using: https://gyazo.com/9d792a4e0d064e2faeee75fb4ffdf3f4

Elmar

You have to contact the developer of Rufus

PlopProblem

Ok, I've just sent a message to the rufus administrator, thank you for your help.