win 7 don't start

Started by fernand, May 29, 2016, 14:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fernand

Hallo my friends,
I got a problem with my win 7 64 bit amd laptop. I can't start win 7 anymore. The fault is that I get a message:
cause found: repair action:Boot sector repair result: failed error code = 0X490
So my bootsector is damaged and I can't call the bootmanager. What I do I put my repair dvd in the drive and try to
fix this problem by the repair tools. In the commander line I set following codes:bootrec/fixmbr, bootrec/fixboot,
and bootrec/rebuildbcd. But it doesnt work, the bootmanager doesn't appear. So I set diskpart select my device
that is on disk 0 and list the volume. I exit and change to X: sources: d: (d is the drive where I put the repair-cd)
I put D: cd boot then D.\boot>boot sect /nt60 sys /mbr then I hit enter and I get this message:This tool can only be run on systems booting using a PC/AT Bios. This system was booted using EFI or some other firmware type.
So I set me in the Efi configurations (F2) and I see that I can 't change from EFI to Bios, because Efi is the only
OS that exist. By buying my laptop the vendor told me that they don't give an original cd windows for the clients because the recovery is on the harddisc. Now I have my laptop ASUS three years. But when my repair-cd search
for a system recovery it told it doesn' t exist. What can I do now to resolve my problem. By the way I try with the repair cd to reinstall windows but this didn't work neither. A message popped up and said it isn't possible to install windows on a GPT-drive? My goal isn't to install windows when I can fix it by a alternative because when I could install the windows OS the data will be loose..Can anybody help me. I were so glad when it works again.
Thank you very much.
Fernand       

Elmar

Hello,

Quote from: fernand on May 29, 2016, 14:04:53 PM
So my bootsector is damaged and I can't call the bootmanager.

does that mean, the Plop Boot Manager was installed? If yes, where was it installed? In the MBR or available in the Windows boot menu?

Best regards
Elmar

fernand

No, there is no Plop Boot Manager installed at all.
I think it is perhaps a good idea to install a plop boot manager
that write a new code in the boot sector, so that win 7 will be recognized.
But I have only access on the command line about the repair-cd to write the code inside.
If you want you can send me please the code to fix a new startfile.
Thanks.
Fernand

Elmar

As your computer provides only EFI, you have to fix the GPT instead of the MBR.

See http://www.fixedbyvonnie.com/2013/12/how-to-repair-the-efi-bootloader-in-windows-8/#.V0xE2Omm7mg

or search the web for "fix GPT windows"

fernand

First thank you Elmar for your link.

So I tried to follow step by step of Vonnies's tutorial.

Unfortunately I stuck everytime after enter this line on the command line: cd /d v:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\
after put this command and hit enter I  always got a message that the boot-files aren't found. So I
tried my other three partitions (In all I've four partitions two partitions with the files system RAW
and two with the file system NTFS). The result was the same. It wasn't successfull.

Perhaps the mess is to verify if EFI partition is using the FAT32 file. How I describe I didn't find a FAT32 file on my system
only RAW and NTFS. 

I continue to search google concerns the topic 'fix gpt windows' but I didn't real found anything useful. All
webpages treat about the installation of windows by clearing first the GPT-partition before installing windows.
But this is for me  now not an option, I don't want install now. I want to try everything to fix my bootsector to
restart finally my windows.   
Can you please suggest me an other way to resolve my issue.

Thanks again for your help.

Fernand     

fernand

Hi,
a friend of mine who is quite fit in boot stuff explained me that windows don't find the harddisc because missing
a driver but even he couldn't bring back my windows.
Fernand

fernand

What can I do now to solve my problem?
Thanks in advance for all suggestions.
Fernand

fernand

So I have reinstalled my windows 7 os but I do not have a bootmanager. When I start my notebook windows logo appear immediately wihtout going first in the bootmanager where you can choose the OS.
Can anybody suggest me a software where I can install a bootmanager.

Thank you.

Fernand 

fernand

Hi Elmar,

I downloaded the plpbt-5.0.15 file for installe the boot menu.
I set myself as administrator before hit the InstalltoBootMenu.bat file.
A command window open and ask: Add the Plop Boot Manager to the Windows Boot Menu?
I answered yes. then creating boot menu entry. I got the message : Error: unable to get partition information 52
There was an error. How can I fix this issue?
Thank you for your help
Fernand 

Elmar

Hello,

this message comes on a system that is using GPT instead of MBR. GPT is not supported by Plop Boot Manager 5.0.15.

Regards
Elmar

fernand

Hello,

thank you for your answer. Now I've installed the tool EasyBcd that create the windows boot
manager. It works!

Thank you again.
Best regards.

Fernand