floppy support for usb boot

Started by Kevin Miramon, July 09, 2016, 21:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin Miramon

Trying to resuscitate a windows 7 ubuntu dual boot that I inadvertently unplugged. Cant get it to start windows and grub menus dont appear so I want to boot a live Ubuntu session and use boot repair.After that I may reinstall windows when my disks come back from my friends house.In the meantime hoping the above will allow a repair of the windows so it does starts up so I dont have to reinstall. Anyway when I used my mac's disk utility to restore a floppy disk image of plopkexec.img ver 0.3 (no cdrom drive) I cant seem to get the boot manager choices for usb. Only scan cd drives, log and reboot after syslinux starts.
Not sure what I can do.
Kevin

Elmar

Hello,

on what type of device is Ubuntu installed?
did you try to boot Ubuntu on another computer with the BIOS?

Regards
Elmar

Kevin Miramon

its a dual boot desktop pc with ubuntu booting fine on the sdb1 now that I was able to download a an iso and run a live session then I ran boot repair. Still the windows 7 install wont start. win7 is romon sda1. At this point I dont think I have a need to boot from the usb key as I have dvd of ubuntu now... Wish I didnt have to wait for those disks in order to get windows repaired. I could try a couple fix boot cmds....
Kevin

Kevin Miramon

Well I used in the command prompt bootrec.exe /FixBoot and now its all booting up correctly. Wow wont turn off the ups in hopes of turning off the alarm again...