Main Menu

biosdisk error

Started by idk12, March 12, 2010, 03:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

idk12

Hello every one, I am trying to boot into a installed linux usb(sata hd->usb adapter) using plop manager, but this is the error I am getting " Biosdisk error". I hope someone can help me.

Elmar

hi,
please describe whats happening. the boot manager does not write this message. maybe its the boot program on the hard disk.

did you test to boot the usb hard disk somewhere else?

what linux do you try to boot?

regards
elmar

idk12

yes. I can boot into the usb drive perfectly on my other computer that supposes usb boot. This laptop (hp ze2000) does not support usb boot. It is ubuntu that i installed on the usb drive. 

dukenukeme

hi
try to put (which versions of ? 8.10 9.04 or 9.10 ) ubutu on this usb stick by using unetbootin
and please rreport if error occurs again ? (may try other usb stick, i suspect that may be related to grub2 and may be conflicts between plops usb dos driver and grub2 the cause of error )

idk12

I have ubuntu 9.10 installed on the usb, it's not the live environment which uses unetbootin.

dukenukeme

hi
can you please try to downgrade grub 2 to grub 1 , i think it is possible ? (there is howto somewhere)
(and grub 1 shoud work for usb boot with equally efficiency)

this is as troubleshhoting step , should be possible to return to grub 2 if needed.

are there any bios options for hp ze2000,concerning USB in general ?

Elmar

hi,
grub2 (1.97) has a bug that makes sometimes problems. grub2 1.98 should work fine

regards
elmar

idk12

Great, i will try to upgrade grub