setlanggerman not working

Started by The_Raven, June 16, 2017, 13:32:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Raven

Hi

I have activated "setlanggerman" in rc.local.
If plop (4.3.3) is starting up it gives me an error:
-bash: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (de_DE.UTF8): No such file or directory
What is wrong here?  :o

Elmar

Hello,

I assume, you use the Small Edition of Plop Linux Live. The locale files have been removed in this edition to have a smaller release file.

When you want a Plop Linux Live without X but with all console tools (including locale), then download the standard edition and remove the 'ploplinux/opt.sqfs' file. When you want to create an ISO then see https://www.plop.at/en/ploplinux/live/livecd.html 1.2. There is also the script 'make-iso.sh'.

Best regards
Elmar

The_Raven

Thx for the response.
Yes it is the small live edition.
I try it as soon as possible. But many work ATM.

The_Raven

Hm, is it not possible to add the language (german) to the small build?
The standard edition (without the opt) is much larger than the small edition. And i need only the language.

Elmar

Quote from: The_Raven on June 27, 2017, 15:40:12 PM
Hm, is it not possible to add the language (german) to the small build?
The standard edition (without the opt) is much larger than the small edition. And i need only the language.

You can extract the usr.sqfs of the small and the standard edition. Use 'unsquashfs', you can use -d for the destination directory name.
Replace the the usr/lib/locale/locale-archive file in the small edition with the one from the standard edition.
Compress the the usr directory for the small edition (mksquashfs).
Replace the original usr.sqfs with your new created usr.sqfs.

Do you need help on any step?

Best regards
Elmar

The_Raven

Oki doki dr. johnes...  :)
The locale-archive in the small edition has a size of 1.7MB, the one from the standard edition is much bigger, it has a size of 149.1MB.
Original usr.sqfs file has a size of 227.7MB, the new one with full lang support has 259.4MB. So "only" 31.7MB more.

To keep a long story short:
It works!  8)

Does it not make sense to put the lang file by default in the small edition?

Elmar

Quote from: The_Raven on June 28, 2017, 09:03:48 AM
To keep a long story short:
It works!  8)

Great  :)

Quote from: The_Raven on June 28, 2017, 09:03:48 AM
Does it not make sense to put the lang file by default in the small edition?

I explicit removed the big locale-archive to save space. For the small edition, I create a small locale-archive file. You can create a custom locale-archive file with german locale. See "live/create-core-sqfs/02-reduced-size/20_locale" in the release archive.
See also https://www.plop.at/en/ploplinux/buildtools/buildliverelease.html

Best regards
Elmar