Author Topic: hfsprescue - stuck at step 2  (Read 35 times)

toto

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 2
hfsprescue - stuck at step 2
« on: September 14, 2019, 09:52:30 AM »
Hello,

I am trying to recover a 2.7 TB harddrive of a workmate.
Step 1 was successfull (after 14 hours) but now at step 2 I have problems:
The process stucks at "Hashing file entries": the filesize of fileinfo.sha stopps at 16384 Bytes, the processor has 100% workload and I tried it now for more than 24 hours.
If I start step 1 and kill the process after e.g. a few minutes step 2 has no problems. I tested the other steps, too. So I could recover somer files. Now with the whole partition it does not seem to work.

Do you have any ideas?
Thank You
Thomas

Here is the log of step 1:
Code: [Select]
hfsprescue 3.4 2018/02/16 by Elmar Hanlhofer https://www.plop.at

Command: ./hfsprescue_x64 -s1 /dev/sda2

Start: 2019/09/12 14:24:57

Signature:                      0x2b48, H+
LastMountedVersion:             HFSJ, last mount by Mac OS X.
FileCount:                      607944
DirCount:                       100453
BlockSize:                      4096
TotalBlocks:                    732480620
AllocationFile StartBlock:      1
ExtentsOverflowFile StartBlock: 79700
CatalogFile StartBlock:         1035604
Total size:                     2794 GB

actual file sizes:
Code: [Select]
total 2629176
drwxr-xr-x 1 root root          9 Sep 14 07:33 .
drwxrwxr-x 1 1000 1000          7 Sep 14 07:32 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root      16384 Sep 14 07:33 fileinfo.sha
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1205360006 Sep 13 04:52 filesfound.db
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root   10102325 Sep 13 04:52 foldertable.db
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root          9 Sep 13 04:52 parameter-s1
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1476780188 Sep 13 04:52 s1.log
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root          0 Sep 14 07:33 s2.log
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root          1 Sep 14 07:33 utf8len

toto

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 2
Re: hfsprescue - stuck at step 2
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2019, 10:17:27 AM »
Maybe I have a solution:
I stopped step 1 after about 450000 files when the filecount did not seem to change any more.
Step 2 was successfull and now I am running step 3, which will take longer.

I will report the results soon.