Starting from boot.ini, can I configure plpbt.bin to boot L1 Logical Partition?

Started by bobl, April 27, 2010, 22:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobl

Hi Elmar,

PLoP is perfect for me, I use it for booting from my USB HDD without changing the boot order.

However, I would like to boot the L1 (on ext partition 2) of my USB HDD by default, but I use the boot.ini solution. Is it possible to use plpcfgbt.exe to configure the default boot on the L1, meaning can I change the profile for HDB partition 2 to L1 before booting, like I currently need to do manually before every boot?

Thanks!

Elmar

Elmar

please try the new plpcfgbt
http://www.plop.at/en/bootmanagerdl.html

there are new parameters.
in your case for the usb harddisk detected by the bios, extended partiton, and a new label: plpcfgbt prf=6 btlog=1 prfname="bios usb-hd l1" plpbt.bin

best regards
elmar

bobl

Wow, I knew you were fast to respond, but I'm surprised you already have an update for me.

I also saw you made a change to the params, I had to specify dprf=6 as well, but it works like a charm.

However, the prtname param doesn't seem to do anything, unless it's a way to identify the btdrv? The menu doesn't display the string anywhere.

Also, I need to enter a dprf with a 5 (zero-based?) instead of a 6...

Well, thanks a lot for your support and quick response!

Best regards!

Elmar

i made a typo, ptrname was wrong, correct is prfname.

i have to change dprf that its not zero based

Elmar

bobl

Good, not zero-based anymore. I do not see the prfname anywhere, though, but I don't need this much anyway...

You're releasing almost faster than I can test them!!! Thanks again!