Thanks for this wonderfull PLoP Boot Manager solution

Started by johnd16, May 13, 2010, 03:24:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnd16

Preparing an SD card with a Linux installation from my workstation to later on transfer that to new hardware, my current Parallels Desktop 5.0.9344 for Mac left me alone.

Under no circumstance would a Parallels VM environment boot the USB SD Card reader. After switching to VMware Fusion 2.0.7, I experienced the same problem. The Virtual Machine environment wouldn't boot from the USB SD Card.

Finally I found a post referring to the PLoP Boot Manager. And that did the job without any problem in the VMware Fusion environment.

Thanks for your great, free and ultra tiny sized USB boot solution.

A feature that would make me happy, is a separate specialized .iso image, that immediately boot from the USB device (without a menu and without key press)

BTW - Under Parallels Desktop there is still no luck, booting a USB device via PLoP. Though that is no problem to me.

Thanks again for all your effort.

Elmar

hi,

Thanks for this wonderfull PLoP Boot Manager solution

;D

Quote from: johnd16 on May 13, 2010, 03:24:23 AM
A feature that would make me happy, is a separate specialized .iso image, that immediately boot from the USB device (without a menu and without key press)

you can create this with a few steps by your self. you have to configure the plpbt.bin file with plpcfgbt and then create a iso file with mkisofs.
see here: http://forum.plop.at/index.php/topic,85.msg780.html#msg780

best regards
elmar

dukenukeme

I would like to thank you too :D
apparently there are problems with bios implementations of usb booting
even on fairly new motherboards ???
(first it worked then after adding hard drive it does not work)

and then when workarounded by PloP it just works like a charm :D

this is ich7 usb 2.0 controler ,it just loads enything fast when booted by plop  (ga-g31m-es2l)