Windows XP Setup from PLoP USB boot. Not working.

Started by MrVon, June 04, 2010, 05:40:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrVon

My laptop IBM R40 have usb option in bios but it does not work, when i installed PLoP and used USB it can start for example if i just extract Systernals ERD Commander 2008 (Windows PE environment) boot cd files to drive and boot from PLoP usb support it works, this program uses NTLDR file not BOOTLDR.

If i try windows XP setup (tried multiple tutorials and tools) it does not work saying on the beginning of installer process that certain file is either missing or corrupt. Tried windows 7 USB building tool to create usb install stick and same error files missing when i boot from PLoP.

I think it has to do either with drive letter (checked by un-plugging my main HDD then booting clone of my installed windows XP it showed that its booting from C:\Windows all went fine before windows xp logo apear and then it BSOD saying need to chkdsk /f) or way it mounts USB stick from PLoP (ramdrive/hdd/floppy) or the driver is bad...

My main goal is to Boot from USB Hard drive, but at this point i cannot even boot from USB Flash drive how can i make it work.

Elmar

try to boot on a pc that has bios usb support. if it works there then its a problem with the plop usb driver

regards
elmar