how to reduce keystrokes when booting from CDROM USB1.1 mode2

Started by zapp, June 07, 2010, 00:17:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapp

I have a sony VIO that I am using PLOP on CD to boot a USBHDD.

to boot it I must use 11 keystrokes everytime because I can only get it to boot in Force USB 1.1 mode2

is there a way I can automatically boot this mode2?

setup menu does not save changes is why I ask.

also, I am unsure why I cant boot from first menu screen "USB" because this is a USB2.0 machine but when I try it I get hung up with a blinking cursor.

the only way that I have booted this machine successfully is with "Force USB1.1" mode 2

I have had success with all other machines I have tried so thanks again for your great program.

thanks

zapp

thanks Icecube! I will try that but I may be back with more questions relating to plpcfgbt.

Elmar

hi,
i quickly created a simple script that you can easy create a new iso file with the plpbt.bin file that you modified with plpcfgbt.
download plpbt-createiso.zip from http://www.plop.at/en/bootmanagerdl.html and extract it
copy plpbt.bin to the plpbt-createiso directory and run create-iso.bat. this creates the file plpbtmycd.iso. you can burn a new cd with this file

regards
elmar

Icecube

@elmar
Does plpbt.bin (launches as linux kernel) support reading the kinux cmdlineprovided by the bootloader? So you can configure plpbt.bin from another bootloader.

syslinux.cfg
label plp
linux plpbt.bin
append stm=hidden cnt=on cntval=1 dbt=usb

Elmar

Quote from: Icecube on June 10, 2010, 01:49:34 AM
@elmar
Does plpbt.bin (launches as linux kernel) support reading the kinux cmdlineprovided by the bootloader? So you can configure plpbt.bin from another bootloader.

syslinux.cfg
label plp
linux plpbt.bin
append stm=hidden cnt=on cntval=1 dbt=usb

continued at Linux kernel command line (append) for plpbt.bin

zapp

Quote from: Elmar on June 08, 2010, 11:17:11 AM
hi,
i quickly created a simple script that you can easy create a new iso file with the plpbt.bin file that you modified with plpcfgbt.
download plpbt-createiso.zip from http://www.plop.at/en/bootmanagerdl.html and extract it
copy plpbt.bin to the plpbt-createiso directory and run create-iso.bat. this creates the file plpbtmycd.iso. you can burn a new cd with this file

regards
elmar

great! success on first attempt with this.

I see you have been busy and have made more progress with Plop tools. keep up the great work!

thanks again Elmar