how to run Commands on Plop Boot manager

Started by Zazi, June 07, 2010, 23:48:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zazi

hello there!!
i just want to ask if plop boot manager supports running Dos Commands before the main operating sytem starts up like for eg. if my operating system is xp and i would like to run Copy command or some kind of batch command before Windows xp boot starts Can i do that? if yes how can i do that?
if no will there be a plan to add that in the features.
thanks great program.

Elmar

hi,

Quote from: Zazi on June 07, 2010, 23:48:34 PM
i just want to ask if plop boot manager supports running Dos Commands before the main operating sytem starts up like for eg. if my operating system is xp and i would like to run Copy command or some kind of batch command before Windows xp boot starts Can i do that? if yes how can i do that?

no, that would be to much for a program that has only about 43kbyte. can you give me an example what you want to copy?

best regards
elmar

Zazi

hi i want to copy registry hives from my backup to c:\windows\system32\config so everytime i will start fresh.
thanks. :D

qio

Quote from: Elmar on June 08, 2010, 11:29:16 AMno, that would be to much for a program that has only about 43kbyte.
Why does it have to fit in 43KB?

Elmar

Quote from: qio on June 10, 2010, 22:19:58 PM
Why does it have to fit in 43KB?

it doesn't have to fit in 43kb. the size is 43kb.

it has to be so small, because the hard disk install version and plpbt.bin are nearly the same. only a few small things are different. the hard disk version must be small to be able to be installed to the first hard disk sectors, before the first partition starts. plpbt.bin itself could be bigger, but then i have a different program to the hard disk version.

however, for that what zasi wants, its required to support all ntfs and fat version to have access to the windows file system to write/read data.

regards
elmar

qio