Help... Problem with PLoP Boot Manager!!!

Started by darkhoodsins, August 22, 2009, 16:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkhoodsins

Ok so here is my Problem i manage to install PLoP   I added the 2 files need it on my Root of the  C: and i wrote the commands on the CMD.    I also added the line to the  Boot.INI  and  i restarted my computer and =) IT WAS THERE the PLoP Boot manager worked. 

*** looks  really cool btw ***

then i put my USB with  windows 7 on it and  i try to boot it but then  nothing happens i see an  X0 and a little _  blinking... and then the  computer restarts...

I really dont know what to do.

The Flashdrive works Cause i did it on my laptop  that HAS SUPPORT for USB and   It  did Boot !!!.

Would someone plz help me?  i fallowed this tutorial to step.

http://blog.brothersoft.com/2008/12/09/boot-computer-from-usb-or-cdrom-even-if-bios-not-supported-using-plop/

Elmar

hi,
i havent tested windows 7, so i cannot say where the problem is.

elmar

darkhoodsins

yea... But  would it have something to do with it?   Well im  no comp wizz  but   you know the issue would be Booting the USB? right?  what does the  O.S. that i have there would have to do?  is there any type of compatibility that has to be tested first?

Elmar

you can try this test version. but you have to use the iso file and boot from the cd
http://download.plop.at/files/tmp/plpbt-test2.zip

darkhoodsins

Yes ive download it  =)  i just need to burn it now and  try it out... the thing is that lol. i need a blank CD... damn where can i find one  i think i might have to go buy some lol..

Elmar

download it again, i added the plpbt.bin file.
copy it on your harddisk and run plpgenbtldr

darkhoodsins

Oh why thank you =) your  of so much help !!! =)  are you the programer of this?

Elmar

yes, i am the programmer of the boot manager

darkhoodsins

=) oHHhhh  i see  well man i have to Give you 10 Out of 10   its a great     thing you have made here i was about to buy a  new   MOBO until i came across it   =D    your the best bro.  Im gonna try the boot Cd  and  when i do il let you know how it all when down =).

Elmar

darkhoodsins

SO I REPLACE THE .BIN THAT I HAD ON THE  c:  ALLRIGHT LET ME CHECK !!!