need help with installing plop to windows boot?

Started by Flyinghigh, September 21, 2010, 18:11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flyinghigh

Hello I want to install the plop boot manager to my windows 7 boot menu without installing it to my harddrive? I want to know how this works and if anything where to mess up my windows 7 boot would i be able to get rid of plop from my boot menu. Also will have to choose windows 7 over plop bootmanger everytime i boot because i dont want to have to do that. Thanks !!

Elmar

the instructions are here http://www.plop.at/en/bootmanager.html#runwin
bcdedit is a windows program that comes with your win7
the windows will be still started with the windows boot menu and the plop boot manager is only an additional start option of the windows boot menu
you can remove the plop boot manager entry from the boot menu with bcdedit

regards
elmar

Flyinghigh

sorry to be a pain but I still dont really understand if my computer will boot into windows 7 without me touching anything and how i uninstall plop if anything goes wrong

Elmar

when you do something wrong with bcdedit, then nothing will happen, the boot menu want be changed.
when you do all correct with bcdedit, then you will see the windows boot menu with 2 options to choose. win7 and plop
the windows boot menu already exists, but when there is only one option then you do not see it. the current only option is to start win7.

when you afraid to change the windows boot menu, then read some docs. there are a lot of this topic in the web.

regards
elmar

Flyinghigh

Hi aain thank you very much for clearing that up for me. However I'm not that sure how you install it to the windows boot menu. Could you just give me a little bit of help.

Elmar

Flyinghigh

The bit where it says not install to the hard and the bit where it says to install to the hard drive are the same so i dont know which one to do to get plop on my windows boot menu. Also i'm not sure how to uninstall plop from my pc

Elmar

Quote from: Flyinghigh on September 22, 2010, 18:06:18 PM
The bit where it says not install to the hard and the bit where it says to install to the hard drive are the same so i dont know which one to do to get plop on my windows boot menu.

where do you read this?

do you know what a "command shell" is?

Flyinghigh

Erm i open cmd in windows but how do i change to c:\plop?