BOOT ERROR NO BOOT DEVICE DETECTED PLEASE TRY AGAIN

Started by seff, October 31, 2010, 04:42:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seff

guys, i need your help..

i have a very old IBM BIOS 4.0 release and i believe its version is 2.10, it does not support boot from usb  and everytime i boot from usb using plop boot manager it keeps saying no uhci detected, driver removed etc. etc. in red text color. anyone knows how to solve my problem?

thanks in advance.

Elmar

hi,
when you see the red text, then replug the usb drive and use usb boot again. maybe that helps.

regards
elmar

seff

every time it tells me NO BOOT DEVICE DETECTED it stops the USB from functioning and plug in and out of the device did not work..

i am trying to install the UNIVERSAL HOST CONTROLLER INTERFACE AND THE ENHANCED HOST CONTROLLER INTERFACE. hoping for good result.. your program keeps looking for those USB driver..  hope it works this time..

i will let you know if it does or does not work.. xp do you have any alternative solution for this problem? thanks in advance.

Regards..

Seff

Elmar

seff

no uhci and ehci driver detected :p i guess, i need to install those host controller first before the plop starts recognizing my usb as bootable device :p

Elmar

please read correct, its impossible that you read "no uhci an no ehci driver detected", the drivers are builtin the boot manager.

seff

it says, searching for uchi and ehci driver then at the end it will say driver removed.. no boot device detected,, please retry it.

Elmar

i am sure it says

loading ehci driver
depeding on hardware here is a text between
driver removed
loading uhci driver
depeding on hardware here is a text between
driver removed

thats different to that what you say. however, are you able to boot a linux from cd and post some infos here?

seff

my old laptop does not have cd rom :p and the only way i have to change the os of my laptop is to install from usb... hope you can help me soon..

Elmar

have you tried another usb drive too?
are you sure that the usb port works?

seff

yes i have.. i am currently using windows xp and it recognizes my usb every time i plugged it in.. i also tried the plop boot manager in desktop pc and it works.. the difference i have noticed is my laptop does not have uhci and ehci and the desktop does have it..that's why i am downloading the uhci and ehci driver.. hope it will work this time,

Elmar

Quote from: seff on November 01, 2010, 14:01:33 PM
..that's why i am downloading the uhci and ehci driver.. hope it will work this time,

from where do you download it and how do you try to use it?

seff

from intel.. i believe those are USB DRIVERS and i have a feeling that the plop boot manager will work only after i install those drivers. hope you can help me.

Elmar

... and where do you want to install those drivers on the pc?

seff

in device manager.. it will be added in universal serial bus as one of its drivers..

Elmar

Quote from: seff on November 02, 2010, 14:22:49 PM
in device manager.. it will be added in universal serial bus as one of its drivers..
Quote from: seff on November 02, 2010, 08:14:27 AM
from intel.. i believe those are USB DRIVERS and i have a feeling that the plop boot manager will work only after i install those drivers.

i don't understand why you think that a driver in windows does change anything for the boot manager? the boot manager and windows are two independent systems. no driver in windows will change anything with the boot manager drivers.

marzlarz

Elmar,

I could really use your help. I just stumbled across PLoP today and its great. Im using the  "plpbt.iso" with a VMWare Virtual Machine, trying to get the virtual machine to boot from a USB key.

The output I get is:

Loading EHCI Driver
Searching on Hosts
Driver Removed
Loading UHCI Driver
Searching on Hosts
Host 1
Driver Removed
Loading OHCI Driver
Searching on Hosts
Driver Removed
*** BOOT ERROR ***NO BOOT DEVICE FOUND, PLEASE RETRY IT

Im connected to my ESX host from my laptop, and the USB key is plugged into my laptop.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

[/]

Elmar

you have to activate the usb 2.0 controller in the virtual machine configuration and the usb drive must be a usb 2.0 drive

regards
elmar