Graphic errors and freeze at the interface of choice for volu

Started by Levi59, December 25, 2010, 02:30:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Levi59

I installed "Plop Boot Manager" via script written by Frafra ("Multisystem") and when I start my PC and selected the entry of PBM, the device selection window appears with the menu (hd1, hd2 .. .) but when I selected an option, either (USB) interface freezes with just the part supposed to list my key (with any kind of frame around a transparent blinking stars in the background - now also permanently next to the menu ) or (about, setup) a window appears with chopped unreadable text, or the interface goes crazy and the highlight of the menu will scroll quickly without possibility of stopping. Or the lights on my keyboard light up for no reason.
I add a few months ago, I could easily use PBM on the same PC and installed the same way. Think you can help me?

edit: Passing in text mode (Ctrl + Esc), the text becomes readable and the graphics problems disappear, but in the setup menu, there is no highlight and display freeze from time to time. No change when I select USB.

------------------------------------------------------------

J'ai installé "Plop Boot Manager" via le script écrit par Frafra ("MultiSystem") et lorsque je démarre mon PC et choisie l'entrée de PBM, la fenêtre de choix du périphérique apparaît avec le menu (hd1, hd2...) mais lorsque je choisie une option, soit (usb) l'interface se fige avec juste le cadre censé lister ma clé ( avec tout autour une sorte de cadre transparent faisant clignoter les étoiles du background - présent également en permanence à coté du menu), soit (about, setup) une fenêtre hachée apparaît avec un texte illisible, soit l'interface devient folle et la surbrillance du menu se met à défiler rapidement sans possibilité de l'arrêter. Ou encore les lumières de mon clavier s'allument sans raison.
J'ajoute qu'il y a quelques mois, j'arrivais à utiliser PBM sans problème sur le même PC et installé de la même manière. Pensez-vous pouvoir m'aider?

Edit : En passant en mode texte (Ctrl+Echap), le texte redevient lisible et les  problèmes graphiques disparaissent mais dans le menu setup, il n'y a pas de surbrillance et l'affichage freeze de temps à autre. Pas de changement quand je choisi usb.

Levi59

solved by installing the previous version.

-----------------------------------

résolu en installant la version précédente.

Elmar

hi,
i don't understand, does 5.0.11 freeze only when you try usb or when you press enter at other meu entries too?

regards
elmar

Levi59

I have only tested tailpiece & setup 'and usb but every time I freeze in a graphics mode and text mode (Ctrl + Esc), only' about 'does not freeze. 'setup' it freezes after about ten seconds for usb is immediate.

By cons no problem on the previous version.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Je n'ai testé que 'about & setup' ainsi que usb mais j'ai à chaque fois un freeze en mode graphique et en mode texte (Ctrl + Esc), seul 'about' ne freeze pas. 'setup' lui freeze au bout d'une dizaine de secondes et pour usb c'est immédiat.

Par contre aucun problème sur la version précédente.

Elmar

Levi59

It is installed on grub (on my PC) and I used to run my LiveUSB.

-----------------------------------------

Il est installé sur grub (sur mon PC) et je m'en sert pour lancer mon LiveUSB.

Elmar

try this test version http://download.plop.at/tmp/plpbt1.bin

at first, test if the boot manager hangs when you go to the setup