Fragmented plpbt.bin

Started by ssrprotege, October 02, 2010, 07:00:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssrprotege

Hi,

I downloaded plpgenbtldr, and copied plpinstc.com and plpgenbtldr.exe.
I renamed plpinstc.com into plpbt.bin. I use MacBook Pro with Core i5, but I installed Windows 7 Pro via Bootcamp.
I have been doing the operations described below in Win7 Pro run via VMWare.

No matter what I do, it keeps saying plpbt.bin is defragmented.
I defragmented the entire drive once, and tried.

But I get:

I did "contig plpbt.bin" and I get the following message:

I tried plpgenbtldr lcn=1085489, but I still get the same error.
What should I do?

Update: I rebooted to Windows and tried the same operations again, but it produced no fruitful results.

Elmar

hi, dont know why plpgenbtldr is not working. you say, you do it in vmware, why dont you use plpbtinst.iso in vmware? it much easier.

regards
elmar

ssrprotege

-

Elmar

ssrprotege

Quote from: Elmar on October 02, 2010, 23:31:46 PM
hi, dont know why plpgenbtldr is not working. you say, you do it in vmware, why dont you use plpbtinst.iso in vmware? it much easier.

regards
elmar

Well, I don't think I want to use a CD to burn .iso image, which is ridiculously small. That will be a waste. And by "VMWare" you meant "Windows 7 running in VMWare" right?

Elmar

from your description, i think you run win7 in a vmware, so you can use the iso as virtual cd and instal the boot manager to your virtual hard disk much easier than plpgenbtldr.

ssrprotege

Quote from: Elmar on October 03, 2010, 00:14:31 AM
from your description, i think you run win7 in a vmware, so you can use the iso as virtual cd and instal the boot manager to your virtual hard disk much easier than plpgenbtldr.

And I think that's just as same as running ChromeOS using VMware Fusion.

I wanted to run ChromeOS without using any sort of virtual machine.
If I use plpgenbtldr and edit boot.ini and if I choose "Windows" disk (pressing Option I mean), I can directly access the boot manager and choose "USB." That's what I wanted...

Heh, I am clearly far from a tech savvy I guess.