Won't boot from USB loaded with Plop

Started by gooza1, January 05, 2024, 13:33:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gooza1

So I have a lenovo mini thinkcentre running windows 11. yesterday the OS updated and now all i get is a black screen and it will not boot. All connections are good and the monitor is working as it flashes HDMI and monitor controls but no logo and I tried everything to get it to boot and nothing works. Using another computer i created a boot disk on a USB and then I downloaded Plop onto the USB and tried to boot my PC. It doesn't work. All i have is the same black screen/ What am I doing wrong? How can i get it to boot again?

leastperson

Quote from: gooza1 on January 05, 2024, 13:33:06 PMSo I have a lenovo mini thinkcentre running windows 11. yesterday the OS updated and now all i get is a black screen and it will not boot. All connections are good and the monitor is working as it flashes HDMI and monitor controls but no logo and I tried everything to get it to boot and nothing works. Using another computer i created a boot disk on a USB and then I downloaded Plop onto the USB and tried to boot my PC. It doesn't work. All i have is the same black screen/ What am I doing wrong? How can i get it to boot again? happy wheels

I think you created the extended partition because of the swap partition. You can also use a file as a swap space to download Plop to USB. That means you can use sda4 as primary partition and custom files on sda4 as swap space. Boot PC, this offers more benefits than using the partition as swap space. But booting also works with extended partitions.

mariahcarey

Quote from: gooza1 on January 05, 2024, 13:33:06 PMSo I have a lenovo mini thinkcentre running windows 11. yesterday the OS updated and now all i get is a black screen and it will not boot. All connections are good and the monitor is working as it flashes HDMI and monitor controls but no logo and I tried everything to get it to boot and nothing works. Using another computer i created a boot disk on a USB and then I downloaded Plop onto the USB and tried to boot my PC. It doesn't work. All i have is the same black screen/ What am I doing wrong? How can i get it to boot again? fnaf

If you can't get into Safe Mode, try booting from the Windows Recovery Environment. You can create a Windows 11 recovery drive on a USB flash drive and boot from it to access recovery tools.

humdrumcoll

It seems like the recent Windows 11 update might have caused a boot issue with your Lenovo ThinkCentre. Start by resetting your BIOS/UEFI settings to default and ensure the USB boot device is prioritized in the boot order. Try creating a new bootable USB with a different tool like Rufus. If possible, boot into Safe Mode by repeatedly powering on and off to trigger Windows Recovery Environment. Also, double-check all hardware connections and use Windows recovery media for a startup repair if you have it. If these steps don't resolve the issue, consider contacting Lenovo support for further assistance.